[Support request] Non of my pages are rendering

Home Forums Support [Support request] Non of my pages are rendering

Home Forums Support Non of my pages are rendering

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pieter

Currently all my pages are giving a 404 since yesterday… Can someone help me please? What should I do? I didn’t change anything to the website yesterday…

https://torseo.be/

Pieter

I restored a backup from 3 days ago, but without succes. I suppose there’s a problem with the theme / plugin.

Pieter

The pages and content are still there in the backend, but this is the message I get:

Error message

The text in the editor is also very strange and narrow.. Maybe there’s the problem?

narrow text

Pieter

Ok, an update. I resolved the issue.

Yesterday I had to update the PHP in my hosting panel to make sure a plugin (Rankmath) on another site worked. However, by doing this, I broke several other sites of mine.

I changed the PHP back to the old version (7.2).

Any tips how I should migrate everything to 8.1 (PHP), the correct wordpress version and update all the plugins. Is there any order you guys would suggest?

Pieter

The editor is still narrow… See screenshot above. Can someone of the crew have a look at this? Many thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you found the issue.
    I would not recommend upgrading PHP to 8.1.
    Even WordPress hasn’t signed off on its compatibility and there are still many plugins out there that won’t work on the site ( as you have experienced ).
    At most you cant try upgrading to 8.0 but there may still be issues.

Regarding the narrow editor – i checked some posts on your site, but i did not see the issue. Is there a specific page to check ?

Pieter

Hi David, thank you for your response. Could you check this page for example: https://torseo.be/diensten/seo/

This is the editor I get to see for the shared URL:

narrow editor

This is the new editor I see (screenshot from one of my other sites):

full screen

Thanks in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check for plugin conflicts by temporarily disabling All other plugins aside from GPP and GB

Pieter

Should I do 1 plugin at a time? Or should I disable them all at once?

Can my settings get lost by disabling the plugins? For example WP Rocket settings, meta data that I use in Rank Math for SEO purposes… ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

All of them at once πŸ™‚
    Settings are saved in your database so they won’t be lost.

Pieter

Hi David, currently all plugins are deactivated, except for GB en GPP. Still having the same issue…

Any advice?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… what version of WP are you on ?

Pieter

Version 5.5.11 I think. Could that be the reason that suddenly the editor is narrow, yesterday this was not the case.

Can there be any issues when I update to 6.0.3?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes that could be the issue, a lot has changed to 5.5
    There should be no issues updating to 6.0.3. – but make a backup first if you want πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.