[Resolved] No Revision History

Home Forums Support [Resolved] No Revision History

Home Forums Support No Revision History

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Hi Tom, thanks for the great theme and add-ons. Everything is working great, except for one thing. On pages with sections, I don’t see a revision history. I can’t even find the checkbox in the Screen Options tab. Was this done by design? Or perhaps this is a problem isolated to my website? I know my client will want to have this safety measure and especially to have peace of mind when making updates. Your advice is appreciated, thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We don’t do anything to remove revisions.

One thing to check in your wp-config.php file is if you have this:

define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', false);

If you do, set it to true and they should appear.

Eric

Thanks for your prompt response, Tom. That line of code wasn’t in my wp-config file so I added it and changed it to “true”. Then I made a couple changes and saved a few times to see if the revisions would start building up but still no Revisions screen option. This test was done on the homepage with sections.

Here’s the weird thing though. This problem only existed on all pages with sections, but then I created a new page with sections, made multiple changes and the Revisions were there! So either: 1) it’s an intermittent problem or 2) something within the WordPress configuration changed recently (or changed back). I know this is not enough information to go off of so I’ll just continue troubleshooting myself. If I find out anything I’ll let you know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe Revisions only work in the default WordPress editor unfortunately – it’s not coded to work with metabox content, which is what the Sections add-on is.

Eric

I think as long as a reliable backup system is in place for the entire site, this is not an issue. Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Backups are good! Daily database backups and weekly file backups are the way to go ๐Ÿ™‚

macbroadcast

hey,
    yesterday was working on a page, 3 sections, slider in header and footer widget and i decided to add another section with shortcode for a mansonry style plugin to show blog posts with picture on the front page.

After it did not workout and i removed the section i just addet, my page was completely blank, all sections gone, just header and footer. I think this happened 2 – 3 times allready and of course no revision.

Was a frustrating experience, i am pretty shure i deleted only the last section.

Greetings

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, never expierienced that/had any reports of that before.

Sections has been completely rebuilt in GP Premium 1.2.90. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now with no issues.

The update is coming soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.