Cyber Week Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

No more design editing after update!

Home Forums Support No more design editing after update!

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Henrik

Hello to the GeneratePress- Community,
    after an update for gp_premium last week, my design editing doesn’t work anymore.
    Do you know what to do? Is ist just a bug and a fix will come soon?

Please tell me something about that problem. Also the GeneratePress Homepage wasn’t able to visit a few days ago. A Page called “Site5” opened. There was no hack or something?

I really need help with that problem.

best regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I haven’t received any other reports of this, and that update has been out for a couple weeks, so this issue here is probably plugin related.

Can you explain a little more about what’s happening? When you go to Appearance – Customize, nothing happens?

We were moved to a more powerful server which is what caused the downtime the other day – sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know 🙂

Henrik

Hi,

thanks for answering.

well i have just updated gp_premium via WordPress last week,
    after it the “customizer” doesn’t work anymore. It’s just an empty page.
    If i deactivate the Add-On the free version works.

Any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – can you try increasing your memory?: http://www.generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Let me know if that does it or not 🙂

Jose Quaresma

Hi,

I have the same issue and realized that in my case it was a conflict with the WordPress Simple Firewall. When deactivating it, the preview works.

Couldnt figure out what in the plugin was blocking the preview though, any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – I’ve never used that plugin so I’m not sure.

Does it do any kind of caching perhaps?

If not, maybe try asking the plugin developer if anything in the plugin would cause the Customizer to stop working. GP uses default WordPress functionality (Customizer is 100% WordPress, I just add the options) – so it shouldn’t be anything weird going on at this end.

Let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.