[Support request] No individual excerpt on pages possible, displays one unwanted instead

Home Forums Support [Support request] No individual excerpt on pages possible, displays one unwanted instead

Home Forums Support No individual excerpt on pages possible, displays one unwanted instead

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Georg

I created individual excerps for different pages and included the content as the first paragraph with the respective block. And it worked for a long time. Suddenly all pages show the excerpt of the oldest post. When I deleted the excerpt of the oldest post, all pages show the first paragraph of the oldest post. When I enter an empty paragraph as the first paragraph in the oldest post, all pages show the excerpt of the second oldest post. The same with the third oldest post. To find an interim solution I wrote the title of the Website in the excerpt and now it is repeated on every page.

Posts don’t have the same problem. They show the individual excerpt as they should.

https://tellerrandstories.de/reiseatlas/laender/
    and the linked pages all show “Tellerrand-Stories” which is the excerpt or the first paragraph (either has the same consequence) of
    https://tellerrandstories.de/food/safran-gold/
    although I don’t use the respective block in this post

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Georg,

GP doesn’t have control on how WP excerpt block outputs.

And pages don’t come with excerpt by WP default, how did you add excerpt to the pages? Via a plugin or custom fuctions?

Georg

Hi Ying,

thank you for your answer.
    I checked my snippets list and found that I added 9 months ago:

add_post_type_support( ‘page’, ‘excerpt’);

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see.

The theme has no control over how the excerpt block outputs Unfortuanly.

I would recommend reaching out to WP support.

To debug yourself, try disable all plugins to see if the issue disappears.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.