[Resolved] No Child Theme and Functions.php

Home Forums Support No Child Theme and Functions.php

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

Hi all –

New to GP here, so I apologize in advance for the dumb question. I’m not new to WP but I’m by no means a developer, etc. I realize the importance of “Child Themes” in customizing things but I’ve run into a small issue that I need some help/advice on:

• I like the way the base GP theme works. I’m building a quick, simple, private HOA blog for a small neighborhood. There’s no child theme here…and it didn’t hit me that I might have backed myself into a corner until…
    • I needed to add some code so that my manual excerpts generated a “Read More” button. When I went to paste the code (from this forum), I realized… “crap. this isn’t a child theme…I might have screwed myself here…”
    • What I need some help with is – can I keep what I have done so far and make a child theme? I’d really like to have a button after my manual excerpts but I realize, if I stay where I’m at, I’m going to screw myself every time GP updates.

Thanks for any help.

-Dumbass

Anders
    Christopher

Drinks on me, stranger.

I’m not sure why I didn’t find that earlier. Thank you… apologies for filling the void with dumb questions.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Anders!

No problem at all Christopher!

Our support is always here to help 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.