[Resolved] NextGen Gallery

Home Forums Support [Resolved] NextGen Gallery

Home Forums Support NextGen Gallery

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Rob

I haven’t come across any NextGEN shortcodes, so I’ve used the button on the editor in visual mode.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And when you open the Section, is the gallery still inside the editor? Or does it get stripped out completely when you save the page/section?

Rob

It’s still there, everything works as normal except the displaying of the gallery, identical to the test page gallery. Links to the screenshots below in visual and code.

https://www.devonwindowtinting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screenshot-2019-05-29-at-19.37.25.png

https://www.devonwindowtinting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screenshot-2019-05-29-at-19.37.55.png

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your screenshots are coming up as 403 errors for me.

I just tried inserting a gallery into my own Section and it didn’t work at all. Are you using Gutenberg or is Classic Editor activated?

Rob

In sections it looks like the old editor I think, whilst the other pages or non sections is the modern editor, I’ve tried to avoid changing anything other than the standard wordpress updates.

I’ve added the screenshots to the test gallery which you should be able to view – https://www.devonwindowtinting.co.uk/a-test-gallery/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, that’s what I’m seeing as well. Looks broken to me.

I wonder if it’s possible to call a gallery via a shortcode instead? That might be the only way to do it inside Sections.

Rob

That doesn’t explain why it works on the duplicate site though in sections? I only added that gallery when that one was moved over in April.

I’ve experimented and the shortcodes just change once updated to the coding already displayed. As a long shot I’ve downloaded the classic editor plugin and the gallery now generates within Sections and works?????? Something isn’t playing nicely with Sections and NxGen.

Main thing is it now works and I can finish the page. Any idea as to why the Sections requires the classic editor plugin to now display this correctly??

Looking at the coding it now generates as a shortcode as well within the classic editor – [ngg src=”galleries” ids=”12″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, so that means NextGen isn’t liking the classic editor in Sections when Gutenberg is enabled. It could be that they’re depending on a filter or setting that only exists when the core classic editor is active on the page. In Gutenberg there is no classic editor, so maybe the NextGen button doesn’t function as it should.

Dee

I know you are using NextGen, and just got it working. I have tested about every gallery plugin, and was looking for something that allowed print/digital download sales. I have used NextGen Pro for teh last 2 years until the March 29 update. A quirk in the update crashed my site due to run away cache creation.

I stopped using NextGen, and am now using Meow Gallery/Lightbox in conjunction with WP/LR Sync to manage my images. It uses the WP media library instead of creating its own, and has much quicker performance. As long as you are not making sales on your website, Meow apps may work for you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

NexGen is definitely buggy in my experience. Thanks for the suggestion, Dee! πŸ™‚

Paul

Hi there
    Just jumping in on this conversation.
    I noticed a weird issue with my Off Canvas Menu appearing at the bottom of EVERY page in desktop mode.
    Checked if i had made some change in the options that might have caused it. Nothing i could see.

Turned off plugins one by one … and yep, Nextgen was causing it! Even on pages with no gallery on them

I have used NextGen for some while…. but as Tom says, noticed a few weird things from time to time – like this.

Just wondering if this “clash” HAS been reported before.. and if there is a quick fix, so i can use NextGen until i probably move to another gallery, or even just use the one built into Gutenberg!

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That sounds familiar – can you try this?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/nextgen-results-in-primary-menu-lood-in-after-footer/#post-533038

Let me know πŸ™‚

Paul

Hi Tom
    Thanks a lot, that works a treat – nice and simple solution.
    I’m going to try and move way from Nextgen, but this really helps in the meantime.
    Ps Love GP – i wish I’d discovered it sooner. Building a new website for work around it… and also other non-work websites I’m involved with!
    Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying it πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.