[Resolved] NextGen Gallery and Autoptimize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] NextGen Gallery and Autoptimize

Home Forums Support NextGen Gallery and Autoptimize

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello,

Just had an interesting problem with one of my many GeneratePress sites. I read Tom’s article about speeding up GeneratePress where he reccomended the plugin “Autoptimize”, I then went ahead and installed it on all of my GeneratePress sites. However I noticed an issue with the NextGen gallery on one of the sites whereby it would not open images using the lightbox effect, after doing some troubleshooting I realised that there was a plugin conflict between NextGen and Autoptimize. After looking through the Autoptimize settings I found a setting called “Load JavaScript early, this can potentially fix some JS-errors, but makes the JS render blocking.”, after ticking this setting my NextGen gallery lightboxes fired back into life!

An annoying problem if your using NextGen, however an easy solution.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Have a feeling I’ll be linking this post to other users in the future 🙂

Thanks!

Mike

Hello,

No problem!

I hope it helps other people in the same situation!

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike

Hello,

Today I have come across a problem that has been caused by enabling this feature of Autoptimize! It seems that with the “Load JavaScript early, this can potentially fix some JS-errors, but makes the JS render blocking.” setting enabled some links do not work. For example I run an accesibility widget on one of my sites, this fails to work if this setting is enabled, as does the “More +” button at the botton of post pages which loads more posts.

The good news is however, I since disabled this feature and my Next Gen galleries seem to have cleared up and are not causing an issue with it off!

All very strange…

To add to the problem I have also discovered that the masonry post display option is not working, and simply presents users with a white screen instead of loading posts. This obdviously is a critical issue, so I have disabled masonry across all my GeneratePress sites, luckily however it has had no noticeable effect.

I will monitor the gallery issue to see if it returns, if it does I will update this post as neccesary.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Masonry uses javascript to display your posts, so if there’s a javascript error somewhere on the page, it will prevent other javascript (masonry) from firing. That’s likely the issue there.

It may be worth communicating with Autoptimize and NextGen Gallery to get the issue fixed, so you don’t need to load the JS early.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.