[Resolved] next post / previous post on the same category of actual post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] next post / previous post on the same category of actual post

Home Forums Support next post / previous post on the same category of actual post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Philippe

Hi,

Is it possible to display at the end of the post – previous / next post for the same category who’s is reading actual post ?

Many thanks
    Phil

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Phil,

You can try using a block element – post navigation and enable the in same term option.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-post-navigation/

Philippe

Thanks Ying!

Simply Great ! in three words, you are : A WE SOME!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you! That made my day 😛

Len

Hi
    Just tried this, as its just what I need, but the GB Heading block dynamic icon only allows selection of Single Post, but them no source field for previous/next. There is also Dynamic Data in the block settings panel, but that has nothing for previous/ next nor selection within the same Term – which is what I am after.
    Is this broken, or has this changed from this post and video?
    Please advise.
    Thanks, LenW

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

those block options are specific to the GP Block Element – are you creating one in Appearance > Elements?

Len

David
    I realised that I hadn’t set the “Element Type” to “Post Navigation”, in the Block Element settings panel. This wasn’t obvious in the video, I discovered it by chance. I was looking for the settings on the heading block, and these only appear if the overall element type is set.
    I really like GP, but really struggle with finding how to do stuff.
    LenW

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah ok – glad to hear you found it.
    And thanks for the feedback, we are looking at ways to make the process more guided so those kinds of things are more intuitive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.