[Support request] news website premium template

Home Forums Support [Support request] news website premium template

Home Forums Support news website premium template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JC

Hello, this is more a feature request than a support request.

What Generatepress needs is a news website theme/ready template to install with all the typical news modules.

It is such a great, no, awesome theme and the one thing missing that a lot of the great themes cover is a news style theme/demo.

Thank you for a great theme I am a huge fan! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi JC,

I would say that news/magazine style templates are the most difficult templates to create.

We have a couple of them currently:
    https://gpsites.co/dispatch/
    https://gpsites.co/read/

Do you have some examples of the style you’d like to see?

JC

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the quick response.

They are difficult but I deal with many large publishers, more than 30 and they and others on WordPress tend to run towards JNEWS and NEWSPAPER theme (don’t want to drop links in but they are on Themeforest).

What ends up happening is they go for the ready header and flex options plus the modules/widgets/feed layouts then they don’t use 80% of the features on the themes so have to cache like no tomorrow with little to no luck as so much waste is loaded and included on the sites. What they actuall use is just feed layouts and one set header out of a few options the rest is just a waste.

The only other important bit they have will be ad positions but you only need the header/leader position and then a sticky desktop/mobile if and I say if because so many plugins now provide all round ad insertion that you almost don’t need any ad positions in the them as they handle all of it.

I hope this makes sense ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ll mention it to our designers.

Hopefully Dispatch and Read will work for some of your projects for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.