[Resolved] Newbie – problem using blog page.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Newbie – problem using blog page.

Home Forums Support Newbie – problem using blog page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

This is my first ever website and I have found using wordpress and generate press very easy to get some nice results.

However I am having a problem with the blog page settings. I have set it to show the summaries of each post, but when i click on the post title or read more it takes me to a page saying “Oops! That page can’t be found.” This happens on all posts, i have logged out and logged in, deleted history, but none of this helps.

I am sure I am doing something stupid – but its not obvious – help?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi David,

That’s a bit strange. So you created the post and able to view it but the link doesn’t work on the main blog page?

Are you able to provide a link?

Let me know.

David

Yes – just that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm your folder structure looks a bit off. public_html shouldn’t be viewable in the URL. You might need to contact your hosting to get them to help you fix that.

As for your blog posts, you have quotations in the URL: /’/2017/02/21/does-this-work/’

In “Settings > Permalinks”, are you using one of the preset options?

David

No it was a custom option and I don’t know where it came from. I ported from wordpress.com so maybe that had something to do with it. I have moved to the basic option and it works fine now.

I will try talking to Bluehost about the folder structure but setting that up was much the most complicated thing so far.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.