[Resolved] New WP site 500 error install Decor Lib

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New WP site 500 error install Decor Lib

Home Forums Support New WP site 500 error install Decor Lib

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Clevelus

Alfa GP Site Libs not working …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All of those entries are Deprecated notices (fixed in 2.0.0), they wouldn’t cause a 500 error.

Do you have an error_log file? I wonder if there’s anything else in there.

As for 2.0.0 – any chance you can share some temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?

Clevelus

Admin login to WP site in private section

Clevelus

FTP
    You can install any plugins and test anything for several days.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue seems to be that your WordPress install/server isn’t able to reach the WordPress REST API. For example, check out our REST API response here: https://generatepress.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts

Then look at yours: https://your-website.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts

It should not be a 404 error. Not only will that prevent our Site Library from fetching the required data, but it will cause countless other issues with your site using other plugins/core WordPress features.

It may be worth reporting the 404 error to your hosting using the standard WP link I provided above. They should be able to resolve the issue.

Clevelus

I did not solve this problem then. I just created everything with my hands …
    New site and exactly the same problem.
    Everything stops at the site import when the template is applied.
    Why time passes, and the problem still remains unsolved ???
    There are only two plugins installed (one of which is yours).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you able to reach the URL I mentioned above on your site now? I’m not able to check as the URL is under construction.

Why time passes, and the problem still remains unsolved ???

This problem is specific to your website/hosting, so it’s not something we can solve without you/your hosting support fixing the root cause. We’re happy to help you find the root cause (which I tried to do in my above post).

If that URL is now reachable, we can continue debugging. The next step would be to check your error_log file on the server to see if there are any server errors happening.

Clevelus

In logs error: “Class ‘XMLReader’ not found in …”
    But, the XMLreader module was turned on.
    I switched to a newer version of PHP and made sure that all modules where there is XML in the name are included (not only the reader).
    It works!
    It’s too bad that the installer doesn’t track dependencies. 🙁
    At the same time, with other plugins (including those that prepare data for stores in the XML format, they worked without problems)

Clevelus

Why time passes, and the problem still remains unsolved ??? — Yes

Since the problem only concerns the site library and nothing else, the problem was not very critical.
    It has not been resolved. I solved it by updating plus checking the inclusion of everything regarding the xml …

In any case, the theme installer should not hang, but give specific errors and ways to solve them. And it is very bad that the problem was not solved for a long time.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m glad you were able to get it resolved – thanks for letting us know!

Will see what we can do about better error reporting. I agree that it shouldn’t just hang.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.