[Resolved] New WordPress Version 5.5: Media Library won’t load images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New WordPress Version 5.5: Media Library won’t load images

Home Forums Support New WordPress Version 5.5: Media Library won’t load images

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sabbir

Hello, I just updated to the new wordpress version on 08/11/2020. I am always scared of new versions as it breaks plugins and themes.

I am trying to post an article on my site and add an image. When I click on media library, it opens with a blank white page. Is the Generate press related? Anyone else seeing this problem?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I tested this and didn’t notice the issue.

Can you activate a twenty series default theme to test? I’d think the same issue would exist there as well.

Let me know 🙂

Sabbir

Thanks for the response Leo.

I activated twenty and the issue is still there. So, it’s not the theme.
    Here are other things I have tired. Issue persists. It’s on a vps server.
    – disabled all plugins
    – php version (v7.3.20)
    – set uploads folder permission to 755
    – I tried upgrading a different website I have generate press on and it was fine.

It’s like having problems accessing the media when I click on “Open Media Library” on a page or post. Basically, adding a new image.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be worth reporting to WordPress to see if they’ve seen similar issues.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Sabbir

Got the answer from WordPress if anyone else is seeing weird things happen with 5.5 upgrade.

Could you try installing and activating this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/.

This will confirm that there is JavaScript on your site that needs to be updated to follow more modern jQuery practices. You can leave the plugin active for the time being, but the breaking code will need to be updated before the next step of the Upgrading jQuery in Core roadmap.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.