[Support request] New user needs help.

Home Forums Support [Support request] New user needs help.

Home Forums Support New user needs help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Candee

I am brand new to GP on a recommendation from the developer of the Socrates Theme which I used for many years. I changed because GP had the formatting that I wanted, Socrates didn’t.The two are enough alike that I can figure out most things, but I am needing help with others. I will tell you up front that I am not a coder and no virtually nothing about coding other than to clip and paste wherever someone tells me. So, I am trying to create an Adsense ad that rides below the header and above the post/page. It was easy to do in Socrates because the theme was designed for Internet marketers and ad placement was very intuitive. I cannot, however, figure out how to do it in GP. That’s problem number one.

Problem two is getting in-post ads to display. I like to put Adsense line ads after a post. I have tried 3 plugins to do this but still cannot get the Adsense ad to display. I have all of my social network icons just below a post and was wondering if that might have something to do with the problem I’m having.

I would appreciate all the help I can get. I know this will not be the first time I come to this forum for help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP Hooks might be helpful for this.

For example, you could put this in the After Header hook:

<div class="grid-container">
       Your adsense code
    </div>

Then for the after content ad, you could use the “After Content” hook in GP Hooks to place your code.

http://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-overview/

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.