[Resolved] New single page template on Liberte theme only shows inside current template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New single page template on Liberte theme only shows inside current template

Home Forums Support New single page template on Liberte theme only shows inside current template

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Started out with GP/Liberte theme – both worked great as defaults.

Eventually learned elementor – added pro, customized new header and footers – no issues

Created a new Single Page template and when I publish it, it only shows up inside the current theme (default) template.
    Looked all over in Appearance and can’t find anything wrong.

pic of new single page template preview – single page post preview

Pic after publish – hard to see but the new template is inside the original template After publish. – sorry if the screen shot doesn’t show it all

The header / footer show ok
    I would rather not trash the entire template and start over – hoping it is a setting I am missing. Thanks!

Eric

I did try creating a new Post page instead of Writing – same result

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is there a post where i can see the template applied ?

Eric

I just published it again and specified only this post
    Q-ball

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Appearance > Elements and delete ( or disable by Quick Edit > Status > Draft ) Post Layout element. This is used to contain the width of the default posts.

Eric

Post Layout by itself disabled did not – so I kept disabling all the post ones and will go back and experiment — all posts now showing the desired template

Thank you very much! – and for the quick reply

Elements are on my list to learn

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you had some left over elements from previous Site library imports.
    Glad to hear you got it resolved.

More info here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/elements-overview/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.