[Support request] New Google Ranking Factor – LCP, FID and CLS issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] New Google Ranking Factor – LCP, FID and CLS issues

Home Forums Support New Google Ranking Factor – LCP, FID and CLS issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nelson

Hi Tom

Nelson here.

In the last month, my traffic and ranking are all dead with the new LCP, FID and CLS.

I took a leap of faith and used one of the templates in the site library (Dispatch). I probably didn’t know how to deal with the HTML and shortcodes. Google is finding everything wrong with my site.

Don’t know what to do now. Really need some help.

*Google Pagespeed Insight spells out the issues.*

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The biggest issue I’m seeing in Lighthouse is your TTFB, which is usually server related. What hosting are you using?

Other than that, there looks to be some Amazon-related scripts taking up some time.

You could also change your icon type in GeneratePress to SVG in Customize > General.

Hosting Google fonts locally might be a good option as well: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Nelson

Very well, Tom.

I’m on Siteground Hosting.

For the Amazon scripts, I’m going to do away with them.

Google Search Console is reporting Poor CLS and CLP issues on Desktop for almost all my URLs.

Poor Core Web Vitals. I’m sad.

Please, what do you recommend?

Should I change WebHost…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would try the local fonts thing, as you’re still loading Google fonts.

Other than that, I would do everything possible to bring the page size down. Optimize images, remove plugins you don’t need etc..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.