[Resolved] New Font Manager issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New Font Manager issues

Home Forums Support New Font Manager issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Antoine

Hi,
    I have activated the new font manager on my site (https://faroutride.com/), but I’m having issues with the Typography Manager (customize > typography). If I try to edit any of the existing element (e.g. Heading 1 (H1)), everything just disappear and I cannot access any settings:

BEFORE I click on an arrow:
    obefore

AFTER I click:
    after

I have cleared the browser cache, tried on a different browser, I’m running 3.1.0 theme & GP 2.1.1.
    I’m hosting my font locally per: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/
    “Google Font” is toggled OFF in font manager.

Thanks for your helps.
    antoine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you temporarily disable all other plugins aside from GP Premium so we can eliminate a plugin conflict.
    IF the issue persists, enter the Customizer, and Right Click > Inspect the page to open the Browser Developers tools and check the Console Tab.

1. Are there any Red errors on loading the customizer?
    2. Any new errors appear when selecting the Element ?

If you can provide a screenshot of either then it may give us some pointers on the issue.

Antoine

All snippets and plugins are de-activated (except GP premium) and this is the error I still get in the console:
    error

Thanks
    (p.s. test performed on staging site: https://staging.faroutride.com/)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do your fonts in the Font Manager have any variants saved? If not, can you try adding one to each font to see if that fixes the error?

Antoine

Thanks for your input.
    Doing as follows solved the issue:
    1- In the font manager, I clicked on the existing imported font (e.g. Roboto Condensed), then enter “Roboto Condensed” in the “Search Font…”.
    2- Then the “Google Font” switch automatically toggled ON, adding a few variants at the same time.
    3- Then I toggled OFF the “Google Font” switch.
    4- I was then able to change the settings (e.g. H2) in the Typo manager (issue solved).

However, I’m left with one question:
    – What does the “Google Font” toggle switch do exactly?
    – With steps 1 to 4 I did above, am I still using the local font?

Thanks,
    antoine

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds like we have a small fix to add to prevent an error here. Glad you were able to get it back up and running though.

1. The Google Font toggle makes the API request to Google to load the fonts.
    2. If the Google Font toggle isn’t enabled, you’re using the local font.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Antoine

Awesome, you guys are the best!
    Cheers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help!

One question as we try to reproduce the error – did this happen directly after switching to dynamic typography (migration), or did you tweak something first?

Thanks!

Antoine

It happened directly after switching to dynamic typography, I don’t believe I did anything in between… I do have a bunch of snippets, maybe one of them is responsible of that?
    faroutride mods

antoine

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange – we’ll see what we can find. Thanks for letting us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Marc

Installed a new WordPress with GP Premium today and having problems with the new Font Manager too.
    The Console says net::ERR_ABORTED 403 while trying to load the font: https://prnt.sc/1ybluhg

When I change the font to any other, nothing happens, the page is displayed in the same font all the time.

I suppose it could be related to Antoines problem, so I added it here…

cheers, spirou

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The screenshot shows the font is set set to Georgia which isn’t a Google Font, so you should disable the Goggle font option.
    Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Marc

Hi David, sorry, I should have spent a little longer with the new font manager first – I had to choose a font for body first and now I can see the changes. The new font manager seems to take a bit of getting used to, but that’s usually the case with new features ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks again, spirou

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Vanja

These steps repaired the dynamic typography settings for me, too! At least for 99% of the settings.

I just switched a longer existing site to the dynamic typography settings and although the font settings were migrated, as in Antoine’s experience trying to change or review any setting in the Customizer would make the dynamic typography settings disappear or โ€˜wobbleโ€˜ around, impossible to edit (as in the screenshots in the first post of this thread).

I use two locally installed fonts on the site (both Google fonts, ‘Open sans’ and ‘Roboto’) and also removed the older PHP filter ‘generate_typography_default_fonts’ from the functions.php. Searching and re-setting both fonts in the ‘Search fonts…’ field, then turning off the ‘Google font’ option made the settings settable again.

After all, only some ‘font-size’ and ‘line-height’ settings for H1 and H2 Headlines were erased from the setting fields (curiously only in the desktop settings, tablet and mobile settings stayed).

It also happened directly after switching to dynamic typography, changing and resetting the CSS options under Customize > General didn’t help. Reloading the Customizer page would make the individual typography settings reappear but not editable.

Thanks and Cheers, Vanja

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.