[Support request] New Container Has Overflow on Mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] New Container Has Overflow on Mobile

Home Forums Support New Container Has Overflow on Mobile

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Hey Team,

The new containers are showing up way too wide on mobile devices for me. Even though I’ve got the max width set to 800px and width set to 800px, it’s still showing a wide overflow on the right side for containers I’m building now.

The legacy ones are fine, not the new ones.

I also tried stetting max-width to 100% and the same issue. The whole screen scrolls left to right on mobile even though overflow is set to “Default” (I also tried testing all other forms of overflow).

Please advise.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Nick

I’ve realized that you have to set “Max Width” now and not just “Width”. If you set width to 900px it will scorll left to right.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats correct.

if you use a fixed unit such as Pixels px with the Width property then you must ensure the value is not wider than a) the browser viewport and b) its not wider then any container it sits inside of. Otherwise it overflows.

Instead use a responsive unit eg. 100% with Width and set the Max Width to Constrain it.

Nick

Awesome thanks David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.