[Support request] Need to get rid of the first duplicate title

Home Forums Support [Support request] Need to get rid of the first duplicate title

Home Forums Support Need to get rid of the first duplicate title

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tania

On my post page, I have a duplicate title in the header/hero which I do not want. It is connected to the right side bar on blog page.

When I delete this on post page, it also gets deleted from the right sidebar on the blog page and then under recent posts it displays : NO TITLE, which I also do not want. I want post name displayed in the sidebar on blog page.

I just want to keep 1 title on top of the post on the post page and not repeated same title in the header.

How could I get rid of the title in the page hero/header on posts page?

Thanks for your support.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

How could I get rid of the title in the page hero/header on posts page?

To clarify: Do you want to completely get rid of the page hero on single posts page or do you want to keep the space and only remove/hide the title from display?

Let us know.

Tania

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying different things, in post page hero in the elements, I have been able to remove the background image from the page hero of the post page. I do want the post page hero, however, I do not want title displayed in the hero. I want it empty.

I updated my post text as it was not in container, I had to remove the post image and text and then put back these in containers and blocks.

While doing so, has also deleted, the excerpt (default 55 words)and read more clickable link to the post page, under the image on the blog page.
    Please have a look at my blog page, and help out to get the excerpt and read more clickable link back. To my understanding it should be automatic display of posts image and excerpt. As I updated the post page, I think the link is broken.

I have checked the customisation layout of the blog, the selection for display of excerpt and read more link, both are still selected. Sorry to bother you guys.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can hide the title text within the page hero from display on single post pages by adding this CSS.

body.single .page-hero h1 {
        display: none;
    }

As for the excerpt issue/s:

You can check our brief documentation here regarding the most common excerpt issues.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/excerpt-issues

Perhaps the first or last one from the things mentioned applies to your situation? Let us know.

Tania

It is not working.
    It says:
    By default, the excerpt and word count options only work for Standard post format.

I do have standard post format selected in the editor.

I am not using excerpt metabox in the editor. It is empty.

I have chose content type excerpt in customiser and the word count is 55 by default.

If I select full content then it pastes full post page with image, under the featured image on blog page.

I have noticed that on blog page the featured image and the title has turned clickable including the post heading. They were not clickable before.
    How can I get rid of click able title and featured image on blog page.

I only wanted to have default excerpt and read more clickable.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

As mentioned on the previous reply, Have you checked this as well(last one)?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/excerpt-issues/#excerpt-not-showing

Can you confirm if the manual excerpt is completely empty? Please make sure there is no spaces entered in the excerpt metabox.

Tania

Thanks for your reply and patience.
    Yes, I have checked twice there is no space in metabox.

I might have left space in the metabox, earlier.

How could I fix post title and featured image that have turned clickable. I didn’t link them at all.

I did try custom excerpt, by pasting it in the metabox, then the excerpt appeared under the featured image on the blog page. I also pasted custom css for read more, but additional css box didn’t accept that. So I gave up and thought default excerpt should work as it was working before I made changes on the post page. I wish I would not have changed post page.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can provide us temporary access to check? Perhaps we can help you check things in case you missed anything.

You can provide the details on the Private Information text field.

Tania

No problem, please have a look at it. I have provided.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress isn’t able to extract excerpts from content that has nested blocks. This is the same whether you use GenerateBlocks Containers or the core Group block – it’s a known issue in WordPress that they’re working on.

The only way to include an excerpt with your current post setup is to manually add an excerpt in the Excerpt field when editing your post.

As for the post title and featured image links – you want to remove those completely? How will people access the single post?

Let us know 🙂

Tania

Hello Tom,
    Thank you very much for taking to look at it , it absolutely makes sense, I have seen some blogs they also got clickable titles and images on their blog pages with or without excerpt. Even both of them do not have an excerpt on the blog page.

Thanks for prompting me to think and research.

I do not want blog in primary menu/navigation on the top. However, I do want it in the footer menu as it is currently placed.

How could I remove/hide blog page from primary menu on the top?
    Thanks once again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus you can edit the Menu you have assigned to the Primary Navigation Location – and add or remove any Menu item you require. If you haven’t yet created a Menu then WP auto populates the menu for you ( with top level pages ). In that case create your new menu and give it a location of Primary Navigation.

More info on the WP Menu builder here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/

For your Footer menu, create a new menu, but do not assign it a location.
    Then in Customizer > Widgets > Footer –> select which widget area you have add the Navigation Menu Widget ( or edit the existing one ) and choose your new menu.

Tania

Thanks a lot. I was thinking it would be very technical and difficult but after trying I have successful created a menu for footer and have signed in the widget.

Thanks a lot for the support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.