[Resolved] Need to double tap links for them to work on iOS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Need to double tap links for them to work on iOS

Home Forums Support Need to double tap links for them to work on iOS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

Hello,

Links within my blog posts don’t open the first time I tap on them when using Safari on iPhone. For example, if I’m on a blog post and I scroll down and tap on the link that takes me to the next or previous article, I have to tap it a 2nd time before it will work, unless I had already tapped somewhere else. If my first tap is on a link, the link won’t open until I tap it a second time.

However, not all links on that page behave that way. For example, if I tap on the “Reply” link below a comment, it will work on the first tap as normal, even if I hadn’t already tapped somewhere else first. I’m not sure what is different about those links for them to work correctly.

I believe my issue has something to do with what is explained here: https://tomanistor.com/blog/fixing-the-ios-mobile-double-click-link-issue/

But I’m not sure exactly what I need to do in order to correct this. Can you please help?

Best regards,
    Jesse

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t believe this is a GP issue.

Do you experience the same issue in our default Marketer install here?
    https://gpsites.co/marketer/2018/09/08/top-10-contact-form-plugins/

Let me know 🙂

Jesse

Hi Leo,

No, I do not experience the same issue on the site you linked to.

I temporarily removed my entire Additional CSS section, but the issue is still present. So, it’s not any of my custom CSS that caused the problem.

I suppose the next step is to start disabling plugins one by one to see if the issue resolves?

Best regards,
    Jesse

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I temporarily removed my entire Additional CSS section, but the issue is still present. So, it’s not any of my custom CSS that caused the problem.

This is unlikely a CSS problem.

I suppose the next step is to start disabling plugins one by one to see if the issue resolves?

Yes – I would disable all plugins except GP Premium to see if the issue is eliminated first. If it is then reactivate the plugin one by one to determine the issue.

Jesse

Hi Leo,

I was able to figure out which plugin was causing the issue. I thought for sure it was a CSS issue. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

George

I am having the exact same issue. Jesse, can you mention which plugin you disabled?

Using the macOS desktop Safari for my website homepage at Altoplace, when I “hover” over Startpage, for example, the link turns green. On my iPhone, if I tap it, it also turns green, but does not open. On the 2nd tap, the link works. Thereafter, for a while, the link turns green briefly and then comes up ok on the first tap. All other links work as well.

It’s a bit hard to reproduce. One tap works after the initial failure; they keep working until I go to a different site, and then come back to my site. Then the first link tap fails (just turns green) until I tap it a 2nd time.

I guess I need to start disabling plugins and see if I can figure it out. But would appreciate knowing about any problem plugins.

Thanks!

George
    ps
    If it helps, here’s a list of my active plugins:

Advanced Database Cleaner PRO Version 3.1.6 by Younes JFR.
    Akismet Anti-Spam Version 4.1.8 by Automattic
    Code Snippets Version 2.14.0 by Code Snippets Pro
    Contact Form 7 Version 5.3.2 by Takayuki Miyoshi
    Easy Table of Contents Version 2.0.16 by Steven A. Zahm
    GP Premium Version 1.12.3 by Tom Usborne
    Imagify Version 1.9.13 by WP Media
    Simple CSS Version 1.1.1 by Tom Usborne
    Urvanov Syntax Highlighter Version 2.8.20 by Fedor Urvanov, Aram Kocharyan
    Wordfence Security Version 7.4.14 by Wordfence
    WP Rocket Version 3.8.3 by WP Media
    WPTerm Version 1.1.8 by Jerome Bruandet

Jesse

Hello George,

It was the Grow by Mediavine plugin that was my issue. There is an option within that plugin to enable a sticky bar with your social share icons that floats at the top or bottom of the page as you scroll. The issue resolved as soon as I turned that sticky bar off. I tested multiple times to confirm it was indeed that bar that was causing the issue.

Regards,
    Jesse

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi George,

I guess I need to start disabling plugins and see if I can figure it out. But would appreciate knowing about any problem plugins.

I’d recommend checking this by starting with ALL plugins disabled except for GP Premium and then start enabling plugins one by one to see which one will cause the issue.

You may also want to check for any custom snippets of scripts that may be added manually to your site as those can cause conflicts as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.