[Support request] Need opinions/support on setting up a "shop"

Home Forums Support [Support request] Need opinions/support on setting up a "shop"

Home Forums Support Need opinions/support on setting up a "shop"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amanda

I am using GP Premium, Elementor Pro and I downloaded WooCommerce. My client has a section of her current site where she offers books related to her area of expertise (she is the author) free to patients and families with a specific medical condition. The only thing she charges is shipping/handling and invoices after the order is paid through PayPal.

She also offers a “Resource Library” where other books (not hers) that are helpful to this medical community are described with links to their sites.

She has about 30 of her own products. I initially downloaded WooCommerce and was going to set up a shop. WooCommerce seems more robust than what we need.

The client would like the family member to come to our site, “add to a cart” the free books they would like, fill out their information and that would send an email to her admin to follow up with PayPal invoices for shipping and handling. The reason they like to do it this way is because the community is very small, and when you offer things for free on the internet people take advantage of that…so they like to be sure it goes to someoone specific.

In addition, they also have Newsletter that has to download. Currently I have a php form they fill out and upon submit the pdf downloads. I’d like them to be able to “add to a cart” and then download upon completion.

Is any of this doable without using WooCommerce? Or do I need WooCommerce? Looking for the easiest way to handle this with GP!

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WooCommerce is definitely needed for something like this.

I would recommend checking with their support to see what’s the best way to accomplish this.

Let me know if this helps.

Amanda

Thanks, Leo. I will reach out to them. I have one more question. When I go to customize the look of the shop page, there is a a left side column that has a search bar and an archive list from our WordPress blog. I don’t have the shop page set up to have side bar content. And I can’t figure out in Customize how to turn it off, because it isn’t actually an option to edit.

Any thoughts?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The sidebar layout should be an option as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#shop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.