[Resolved] Need help with 3 things

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Need help with 3 things

Home Forums Support Need help with 3 things

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    roy

Hello, I’ve attached an image to explain what I’m looking for as well. To give you more information, I’ve created a custom category post (I can’t add categories to pages so I made a post instead, unfortunately).

1. I want to remove the bar at the top, I also have disabled the content title already so unsure why it’s like that.
    2. I need to remove the date/author at the top as well but only for this specific page. I’m also going to be doing this multiple times so if you can let me know how I could go about doing it myself after this that would be great!
    3. I also need to remove the category folders at the bottom as well

Thank you for all of your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

would it be simpler to use a page?
    If so you can use the register_taxonomy_for_object_type function:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_taxonomy_for_object_type/

roy

Yes, would fix all the issues. I’m sorry but how would I go about entering in this code? Thanks David 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The snippet provided here will enable the default Category taxonomy on pages:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_taxonomy_for_object_type/#comment-2608

And this article explains how to add that code:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

roy

Ok, so I did that and it seems that this code will not allow for the URL to be like this /cooling/central-ac

it’s imperative that I get it like that so I can do a redirect so it acts as the category page. Any idea how to move forward from here?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just rolling back a bit – will the Categories serve any other purpose ? If you simply want a hierarchical structure then with pages you:

a) Create a Parent Page. eg. cooling
    b) Create a child page of that parent, eg. air conditioning

That provides the relationship and the permalink structure.

If Categories are a requirement then you will need top use Posts and we can look at the easiest way to strip the meta.

roy

Yes, the thing with the categories is I’ll be putting the posts within the page with WP show posts after that so they need to all be categorized through WordPress. Let me know how we can approach this, thank you.

roy

ACtually, wait on this, your solution may be correct.

roy

So looks like I don’t even have the option to utilize the parent/child attribution, even when I go to “Screen Options” at the top the box isn’t there. Sorry about all the trouble, let me know what you think would work moving forward

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should see the Page Attributes meta box in the sidebar when editing a Page.

roy

Got it fixed!! Thank you so much David!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.