[Resolved] Need a little help with using slideout menu in sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Need a little help with using slideout menu in sidebar

Home Forums Support Need a little help with using slideout menu in sidebar

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen

I have created a sidebar menu with several submenus and would like those to collapse for me.

I came across this post https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/using-menu-styles-in-sidebar/ so made my menu the secondary menu.

For testing purposes, I also duped it and added the same menu to the Slideout Widget then added it to the page as well.

Here is where I am stuck. Tom mentioned this “Are you using another menu on the page? If not, I would just move the primary or secondary navigation to the sidebar, and then set the dropdown type to “Click – Arrow”.”

I do have the secondary navigation assigned to this menu but for the life of me cannot find the dropdown he mentioned that will allow me to add the Click-Arrow toggle.

Help? What am I doing wrong?

We are using Elementor if that makes any difference.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the problem is adding them as a widget, they are just a simple menu.
    If you add the Secondary Nav via Customzier > Layout > Secondary Navigation –> Location: Left Sidebar then they would appear with the dropdown arrows. But that means you either have to use the Default GP Template with Sidebars added. Or you can try using the Sidebar Widget in Elementor and select the Left Sidebar… should work.

Jen

David, thank you. Elementor does not acknowledge I have assigned the left sidebar a menu until I add it to the left sidebar widget. We don’t really want to use the default GP page because we only want the sidebar to appear in the top fold – don’t want or need it to take the entire page.

Is there no way around this? In reality, all I really want to do is collapse the sub menus thus my reason for trying to use your slideout widget.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Why not use the Elementor Menu Widget instead?

Jen

I did but kinda hated it. Haha. Liked yours much better.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

haha – i wouldn’t use it either.
    There is no simple solution to this, as we can’t hook the GP Sidebar into the Elementor content.
    To convert the menu widget to toggle submenus would require some custom code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.