[Support request] Using menu styles in sidebar?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using menu styles in sidebar?

Home Forums Support Using menu styles in sidebar?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wekhter

Currently we’re using a plugin to display menus in the sidebar that have toggleable/expandable nested items, but I actually prefer the way GeneratePress handles toggleable nested menu items in the slideout navigation. Is there any way to get menu widgets in a sidebar to use the slideout menu toggle functions?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand this.

Are you wanting a slideout navigation on desktop or a menu in sidebar?

Let me know.

wekhter

@Leo

Sorry, I guess I didn’t really describe this well enough.

Right now I’m using a plugin to show a menu in the sidebar that has toggleable menu items: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpb-accordion-menu-or-category/

But I actually prefer the way the slideout menu handles toggleable menu items, since it’s styled like the rest of the theme. Since the toggle styling/scripting is already included in the theme for slideout menus, is there any way I can get that to apply to sidebar menus?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you using another menu on the page? If not, I would just move the primary or secondary navigation to the sidebar, and then set the dropdown type to “Click – Arrow”.

wekhter

@Tom Already using both primary and secondary menus, unfortunately… any way to get a tertiary menu? :p

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently there isn’t unfortunately. I believe it would need custom javascript as well.

wekhter

@Tom Gotcha, I figured but it was worth an ask. A little feature request, then: Right now, with the Menu Plus addon you can style your primary & secondary menus as far as color (link/background, hover link/background, current page link/background), font size, spacing, and behavior for dropdown menus.

It would be very cool if the “Menu Plus” add-on let you have some more control over menus in sidebar widgets, with the same set of options–so you can also style the link for the current page and set a behavior for nested menu items (so you can choose always expanded or toggleable like how it works in the slideout menu).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely a good idea. The menu generates a lot of CSS, so I’ve always tried to keep it to a minimum. I’m happy to help with styling if you need it with the widget menus 🙂

roadlink

Hi,

I arrive here while ı was trying to edit my sidebar categories.
    Is there any update to edit it like regular menu?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is there any update to edit it like regular menu?

Like to use customizer options?

If so unfortunately not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.