[Support request] Navigation Sub Menu with Row IDs

Home Forums Support [Support request] Navigation Sub Menu with Row IDs

Home Forums Support Navigation Sub Menu with Row IDs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Hello. I am building a site that has a main nav with sub menus and sub sub menus, if that’s the correct way to say it. Anyway, I have a page, this page, that is built with SiteOrigin Page Builder and certain rows in the page have Row IDs attached to them. These Row IDs are then used to create some of the sub menus in the main nav, so that when you click on one of the sub menus from another page or this page itself, it goes to that row on the page. (I do have smooth-scroll active too) The problem is, if you click on one of these anchor point (Row ID) nav tabs, or even the parent nav tab, all of the links with the anchors attached to them end up being highlighted at the same time. I have used this method before, but never seen this happen. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Dan

For the time being, I made the current link color light grey on white so it’s not as noticeable, but would really like to figure this out.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This looks like normal behavior to me – all those anchor links are on the same page so they are highlighted with the current menu color.

Maybe the other site is using this plugin?
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/page-scroll-to-id/

Dan

Thanks for the reply. The other sites that I have done this with do not use an extra plugin for jumping to anchor points. That would be redundant and possibly slow the site down. The main difference is that the parent nav button is not linked to a page usually. It’s usually a blank nav item that can be used to hover over to see the sub menus. However, I don’t know why this would be normal behavior. Not sure why anyone would want all of the menu items highlighted at the same time when they are being used to jump to specific areas of the page. Maybe I’ll have to dig deeper, because I can’t imaging nobody else has come across this problem.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The menu system is handled by WordPress and WordPress adds the current-menu-item class to the to the menu items that are on the page:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/iQhR1psMNCx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.