[Resolved] navigation search CSS issue after updating wordpress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] navigation search CSS issue after updating wordpress

Home Forums Support navigation search CSS issue after updating wordpress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    morriscountynj

see this site as an example: http://morriscountynjtest.info/hs/

i upgraded wordpress to 4.3.1, and after i did, something strange happened to the navigation search.

it’s fine when you load it in a desktop, but if you shrink it to mobile size, you’ll see that the nav search icon is now adjacent to the menu button (on dropdown).

then if you resize it back to desktop size, you’ll see TWO nav search buttons.

please take a look and let me know what the issue might be! i’ve already launched a site using this theme but i can’t update wordpress comfortably until i know i can fix this. thanks so much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, definitely something funky going on.

Can you try clearing all caches? I see you have autoptimize installed, give that a clear as well.

Let me know πŸ™‚

morriscountynj

i dont have any caching, just disabled autoptimize but no go.

i can give you a login if you want to take a look!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Instead of disabling it, can you go to the settings page for it and click “Save and Empty Cache”?

morriscountynj

ok, just enabled it, cleared the cache, but it’s still doing that.

i tried first updating to the latest version of WP first locally, and THEN the latest generatepress. it wasn’t until the theme update that this problem started happening, if that helps

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, something weird is definitely going on.

Can you possibly send me temporary admin login details to support@generatepress.com?

Thanks!

morriscountynj

done and made you an admin, do whatever you need. (i have a local copy of this site so no worries)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Will be on the lookout for the email with login details πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you’ve added a template-tags.php file to your child theme, which means anything I change/add to/remove from that file won’t be read anymore by your site.

Instead of adding the entire template-tags.php file, I suggest overwriting specific files in your functions.php file.

Simply copy the function (including the if ( ! function_exists( '' ) ) part) and add it to your functions.php file, then make your changes to that function specifically.

Doing this will fix that issue.

Let me know πŸ™‚

morriscountynj

hmm. i just went in and removed my template-tags.php file entirely, cleared the cache, but still having the same issue.

does my custom search function in my functions.php file somehow conflict with changes you’ve made?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Super hard to tell what’s going on because of all the custom code.

Do you still experience the same issue if you activate the parent theme?

morriscountynj

Slightly? Not quite the same issue, but a similar one.

When I click on the search button and the menu drops down, I get a duplicate search button
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/586141/630bc1888478c6cef4c4435c1453324c

this duplicate goes away when i resize to desktop.

go to the site and check it out. super weird

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, this should have been fixed in the latest version but look like I still need to tweak something for the next version.

For now, add this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .main-navigation.toggled .main-nav .search-item {
            display: none !important;
        }
    }
    morriscountynj
    morriscountynj

you’re welcome to make changes on the site and let me know what you did πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.