[Resolved] Navigation Menu Sub-Items Typography

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation Menu Sub-Items Typography

Home Forums Support Navigation Menu Sub-Items Typography

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Deb E

Hi there,

When I first set up my theme, I’m almost 100% positive that the text in the drop-down items of my main menu was smaller than the Top menu item (but I can’t see that now, so I may be wrong).

Since I applied today’s updates to the GP plug-ins, the drop-down menu items are rather HUGE… and I can only shrink them if I also shrink the main menu item text (which I don’t want to do). Could the ability to set the menu sub-items text size be a feature in a future plug-in? (or is it hiding somewhere now?). In the meantime, is there some css I can throw in to tidy things up?

Thanks. Loving the Theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi,

Do you have a link to your website so I can see what’s causing the sub-menu items to have a larger font?

Let me know – I’ll get it fixed for you right away.

Deb E

Yes, sorry. It’s here:

It’s possible it was afterheat big & I just noticed it after the update. Would still be a neat feature.
    The beauty of GP is the customisability. Loving it.

Deb E

Trying again: http://deberelene.com/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm – what I tried to do is look at the size of the main navigation, then reduce the sub-navigation text by 1px, which works nicely on smaller fonts.

When using larger fonts, that 1px hardly makes a difference, so I guess I need to re-think how I size it. Maybe a new option in Typography is needed.

For now, you can tweak the CSS.

.main-navigation .main-nav ul ul li a {
          font-size: 17px;
    }

You can tweak the pixels to your liking.

If you don’t know where to add the CSS, a plugin like this should help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Deb E

Thanks. I don’t mind playing with the CSS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.