[Resolved] Navigation menu not working on mobile site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation menu not working on mobile site

Home Forums Support Navigation menu not working on mobile site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marianne

Hi Tom
    I am using the Freelancer theme but once I did the update today, my navigation menu has disappeared on the mobile site. The button is there but nothing happens when you touch the menu button. I don’t have any technical skills so any help would be great. I am using wordpress for hosting.
    Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sorry about this – I just talked to a WordPress.org admin and apparently one of their servers had a bad day yesterday and wasn’t serving all of the files as it should.

This is apparently fixed, so if you try and re-install GeneratePress this issue will resolve itself.

Let me know if you have any questions.

James

Im not sure what re-install means. Does that mean I have to totally delete it out of my current themes, and then re-install? If I do that will I lose the formatting and add-ons I purchased? Is there a update that could be provided that would fix this problem? Im not to techie so simple would be best for me….

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a couple options – none of which will lose any of your settings.

a) Go to “Appearance > Editor” – after the description, you’ll see: Version: 1.3.15

Change that to: Version: 1.3.14

That will trick WP into thinking you have the old version, and it will tell you there’s an update available.

b) Go to “Appearance > Themes” and activate a Twenty-something theme. Then delete GeneratePress, install the fresh version and activate it.

We actually got really lucky we only lost some javascript files – other themes lost core PHP files which resulted in a lot of websites crashing.

Hopefully WordPress.org has found what caused the issue and will stop it from happening again.

James

Option A did the trick..Thank you very much for your help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.