[Resolved] Navigation Menu is missing items on certain pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation Menu is missing items on certain pages

Home Forums Support Navigation Menu is missing items on certain pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jake

I have 3 total pages on my site plus a “Home” page. On two of the pages, all 4 show up on the navigation menu but the other two pages the same one page is missing from the navigation menu. The customization screen shows all 4 pages on the navigation menu while viewing each page, but when viewing the pages while not logged into the admin section of my site then it isn’t working as described above.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds strange.

Is your theme location set?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/#set-theme-location

Do you have a caching plugin activated?

Jake

Yep. I have Primary Menu selected for the Theme locations under Menu Settings.

I have deactivated all Plugins that I have installed except GP Premium

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show me a page with all of the menu items and a page missing menu items?

Jake

Here is a screenshot of where it is working. All 4 options show up when on the Home and Stuff I Like/Use pages
    Working Menu

This is ascreenshot of where it is NOT working. I only see the Home, About Me, and Contact options when on the About Me and Contact pages.
    Not Working Menu

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, you might have a plugin messing with the menu items.

Can you try #1 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Jake

Yeah, I tried that before I posted here. I still have everything except for GP Premium deactivated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a look?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Jake

Yep, just sent the information.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like caching – once I hard refreshed my browser on those pages, the menu item appeared.

I sent you a video via email.

Jake

So after dealing with the support from my web host I discovered that the changes that I make to the appearance/theme do not reflect on each page until I have updated every page individually then refresh my browser. Since my home pages shows my latest posts I have to republish an old post or publish a new one in order for the home page to reflect the appearance changes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds like aggressive caching – most likely on the server itself if you don’t have any caching plugins.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.