- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 7 months ago by Leo.
October 15, 2017 at 5:07 pm #403814John
GeneratePress Pro is a powerful tool, I think. But I have spent too many hundreds of dollars of my time searching and experimenting trying to understand how its many parts work. I have been working with WordPress enough years to have a fair idea of how things work, but I am not an expert.
1) Why did the designer make it impossible to add a navigation menu to the “Page Header GP Premium add-on?”
2) Impossible to see Header Image.
states header images can be useful:
“The custom image can be useful if you already have a featured image in use, and want a different image for your page header.”
BUT THE IMAGE IS HIDDEN IF ANY CONTENT IS PRESENT!
“Once we add content, the image is removed in favor of our content and the page header options will work.”
True. The image disappeared when I added “<!– page header –>” to content.
Why hide the image?
3) The “Page Header Overview” vimeo video does not play in Firefox or Pale Moon.
I found the video on youtube. The video was not useful.
The video has no captions or narrator to explain what I am watching.
The action is fast enough that I am not sure what was clicked or why, or what happened, or why it was done. I froze the video again and again, rewound it, re-watched it. But I still do not know what was intended or what happened for many parts.
4) What is a “Site Header?” How is a “Site Header” different than a “Page Header?”
5) The Customizer has “header” choices scattered among layout, colors, etc. Is that the site header?
GenertePress looks like it has great possibilities.GP Premium 1.4.3October 15, 2017 at 6:49 pm #403854LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) Not sure what you mean? Are you looking for options to merge? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-the-page-header-site-header/
2) Is Add Background image turned on? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#add-background-image
3) I agree the video is a bit fast for sure. Dave’s video here might be helpful: https://www.designbuildweb.co/generatepress-dynamic-page-headers/
4) Site header is the header that shows up on every page. Page header is more per page basis (like featured image) but it can also be apply to every page
5) Yup the customizer options are global options so it would be site header.
Let me know if you have more questions 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.