[Resolved] navigation menu color problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] navigation menu color problem

Home Forums Support navigation menu color problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John

Two items on my site’s home page navigation menu (“Home” and “Issues”) have changed color from the default (black) to the hover color (grey). Can you help debug why that has occurred? Site access UN is “testquest” and P is “feb2018” Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We don’t actually have your site URL ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi – Sorry, thought I filled it in on the form! Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try using only # as the URL as suggested here? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#custom-link

John

Thanks, Leo. That works! Appreciate it very much.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi Leo: I just realized (duh!) that putting # in the URL of the Home page will of course prevent anyone from navigating to the Home page when they’re on a subpage. If I put the URL of the Home page in the Home Page menu item it again changes the “Home” part of the nav bar to grey (instead of black, like it should be, like the rest of the nav bar). Any suggestions for how to fix that issue? Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quite sure what you mean?

I’ve lost password to see your site.

The home page should be a page item instead of custom link though so it’s clickable.

John

Hi:
    I just realized that the “problem” I was asking support for might be part of the built-in design of generatepress. I’m talking about how, on a particular subpage, the corresponding subpage item on the nav bar changes to a different color than the rest of the items on the nav bar. I’d prefer not to have that look, especially on the Home page. Assuming this is part of the built-in design of generatepress, can you tell me if it’s customizable, i.e. can you disable that color change on the nav bar? I’m looking at the available customizable features of generatepress premium and I don’t see where that appears to be possible. If not, is there custom CSS that you might be able to recommend? Site: questparents.org UN testquest P feb2018 Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you don’t want any background colors changes in the menu, then just set a background and text color, then leave everything else (background hover, text hover, background current, text current) transparent.

Same for Primary Sub-Navigation.

All those settings are in Customizer > Colors.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.