[Support request] Navigation Menu Block issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] Navigation Menu Block issues

Home Forums Support Navigation Menu Block issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bjbowen

I used the Top Bar widget to create the top bar menus.

I added the menus to the Top Bar Widget using the Navigation Menu block.

I then had to position the menus with CSS (not sure why some were styled to specific positions out of the box, but I had to change all of that)

The problem is that the drop-down menus are not working.

Once you hover over the phone, location, or email icons, you *should* see a drop down menu. But, it doesn’t show. (website details are in the Private Information box.)

I started to write the CSS to make this work, but I shouldn’t have to do that.

What is going wrong here? I’ve never had problems adding menus to the Top Bar widget before and I can’t figure out if this is a problem with GeneratePress or a problem with the new WordPress navigation changes.

Can you please help?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The navigation menu widget is a WP legacy widget, GP has no control over it.

I would recommend using Secondary navigation instead:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/secondary-navigation-layout-overview/

bjbowen

As WP Theme developers, does your team know why that widget is no longer working properly?

Can’t use the Secondary Nav for this layout.

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

As WP Theme developers, does your team know why that widget is no longer working properly?

I think WP is turning towards using blocks completely.

You can try using a block element and WP’s navigation block, it should work better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.