[Resolved] Navigation menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation menu

Home Forums Support Navigation menu

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi Tom

thanks a lot for your advice and sorry for get back to you only now (had some severre network trouble with provider).

the child theme work both for me, but agree with Rene Würfel to have it the same look an feel like as in standard configuration.

Regarding Text over image in background area.

Please find here the look and feel, I would like to adopt with generatepress. Although it’s a germen website, it shows what I am looking for:
    a)Text in background image. My question is: where to put it in the theme?
    b)parallax behaviour when scrolled down
    c) text and picture on page (full width)
    d) ignore slider, because generatepress doesn’t have one

the url: http://teamgisoweyand.de

Many thanks in advance for your advice and have a nice weekend, Paul

Paul

Hi Tom

thanks a lot for your advice and sorry for get back to you only now (had some severre network trouble with provider).

the child themes work both for me, but agree with Rene Würfel to have it the same look an feel like as in standard configuration.

Regarding Text over image in background area.
    I would like to build a website with generatepress, having similar look and feel.

Please find here an example-url: http://teamgisoweyand.de
    Although it’s a German website, it shows what I am looking for:
    a)Text in background image. My question is: where to put it in the theme?
    b)parallax behaviour when scrolled down
    c) text and picture on page (full width)
    d) ignore slider, because generatepress doesn’t have one

Many thanks in advance for your advice and have a nice weekend, Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

At this time, GeneratePress isn’t advanced enough to pull off a layout like you posted using options.

Of course, if you know how to develop, this is possible, but with a lot of custom code and patience.

Theoretically, you could achieve that header section using the Page Header addon – but you would still need some custom code to make it so the text doesn’t move on scroll, and make it so the area is 100% height.

It’s a bit too involved to post all the code in here (and would take me quite a while to write up).

If you’re looking for that kind of website out of the box, you may have to try another theme that is coded like that by default.

Let me know if you have any questions – sorry that I can’t be more helpful!

Paul

Hi Tom

once again, thank you for your time you have taken for my issue. I fully agree with you, that it’s not on your side to invest a lot of time for free consulting. I just wanted to show what I have in mind and was not sure if I have to add the text in the header.php with some css around it.

Let me try and play around with that. I am using one of your child themes provided as a sandbox.

Looking forward to your further huge success withe GP theme and add ons. That’s just the piece of cake I was looking for a theme I can handle with limited knowledge of html,php and css.
    Best regards, Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

Thanks! As things go along, I’m hoping to release more and more child themes, some of which will have features like the site you posted above.

My most recent work done to the Page Header addon brings us much closer to achieving that look 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.