[Resolved] "navigation logo" field not showing up within customize> layout> prim navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] "navigation logo" field not showing up within customize> layout> prim navigation

Home Forums Support "navigation logo" field not showing up within customize> layout> prim navigation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    anabella

Hi,

I am working on a new website, and if I go to Customize> Layout > Primary navigation: I can´t see the “navigation logo” field and the “navigation logo placement field”…

I am confused, because I have another website built with Generatepress and I can those fields. I can´t figure out why they are not showing up on the new site… I already checked Generatepress modules and “Menu Plus” is activated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in the latest update we minimised the number of places to add the logo. Old installs where the navigation logo was already used will keep then old options.

Now – add your Logo to the Site Identity and in the Customizer > Layout > Header check Navigation as Header

anabella

Thank you David! Good to know
    I followed your instructions and it worked 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

anabella

Hi, I have a question regarding this topic:

I have an old install, but I would like to have the new update for the “customize” section.
    Basically, I have a few websites built with Generatepress, some of them have the old version of the customizer and some have the new version. It´s a bit confusing for me because, depending on what website I am working on, I forget where things are. That´s why I would like to have the updated version of the customizer for all the sites I have.

Is it possible to update it? Or would I need to uninstall and reinstall Generatepress?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in regards to the original topic ie. Navigation Logo, i believe if you remove the Logo from the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation – save the changes and return to the Customizer the updated settings should be available. Let me know.

anabella

Thanks for your reply David.
    I tried but it didn´t work. If I go to Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation > I don´t have a logo. But when I go Customizer> Layout > Header > I still have the same old options (which doesn´t include the “Use Navigation as Header” option)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the site have the latest version of GPP ?

anabella

yes, using version Version 1.9.1 currently

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

David is right – the navigation as a header option should show up after the navigation logo is removed.

Can you please double check that the navigation logo isn’t showing for sure?

If so can you provide the dashboard login info through Account Issues here for us to take a look?
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please mention the topic URL.

Thanks!

anabella

Hi Leo and David, still having the same issue, so I sent you the login details.
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just tested it and I see the option as soon as the sticky navigation is activated:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/W5n8QzfctrJD

Is that not what you are seeing?

anabella

Thank you so much Leo!
    Yes, now I see the `Use Navigation as Header´:)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.