[Resolved] Nav menu bar height and aappearance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Nav menu bar height and aappearance

Home Forums Support Nav menu bar height and aappearance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Francis

Hi,

I am just getting the feel of Generatepress, like kinda of toying with it before moving into some serious stuff. I am facing some design issues with the way the nav bar appears on my site. the menu bar appears normal when no menu item is clicked.

However, when a menu item is clicked and when viewing the page that was clicked, the menu has some extra space above the menu. it appears as if the menu is much thicker than it should be. The extra space takes on the colour of the nav background colour.

What gives in this situation?

Many thanks,

Francis Roberts

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Looks like this custom CSS has been added?:

#site-navigation .inside-navigation {
        margin-top: 27px;
    }

If you remove that, the space should go away.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Francis

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply to your extremely quick response. Before I had seen your reply, I had taken a rather drastic approach by uninstalling the GP and reinstalling it back. This time I created a child theme of GP and now am toying design options in the Child theme itself.

Also, I am using the Customiser to incorporate any CSS codes that I would want to play with. This way I know which code is messing up the design and therefore easily undo the changes made. I am a non-coder Tom, and I don’t have the luxury of time for all the hard work of coding to get the exact look I am looking for. I am an educator and I use my site solely for this purpose.

I am beginning to enjoy Generatepress especially the premium add-ons. One thing I noticed that my site loads much faster than when I was using Genesis. This is a bonus as far as I am concerned.

I have also started to see how the GP Header and GP Hooks feature would help me in my design and I would say I am really impressed and excited about these two. Thank you Tom!

Perhaps this is not the place for this request but it would be nice if you can have a ‘conditionals’ for GP Hooks so that we can have these hooks loaded only on specific pages (again this is a perspective of a non-coder like me!).

Keep up the good work Tom and I wish you more success in the years to come.

Francis Roberts
    Malaysia

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Francis! Glad you’re enjoying GP so far.

We have some really cool things coming up when it comes to our Hooks module ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.