[Resolved] Nav Icons need to be right

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Nav Icons need to be right

Home Forums Support Nav Icons need to be right

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Atm I disabled the display of my logo but my logo falls on the left side of my nav menu and on mobile my menu items are located under the site logo. I like the item order where it’s Search, Cart, Menu But i’d like them aligned on the right side out from under my logo. Also is there a way to show my search bar expanded already? So I’d like my logo to appear on the left like it is already, menu expanded ready for search and then my cart and menu on the right side of the expanded search menu. The search i’d like 100% centered on the menu bar.

Also a question. Is it normal for my cart items images to not appear on mobile or do you think I have code blocking it from showing on mobile?

View post on imgur.com

Matt

Oh I’m sorry I should also explain. I have the button selected on the customization screen to be align nav right for desktop but if i change it for mobile it also changes the desktop’s nav layout alignment. They both Need to be aligned right and so does mobile but mobile isn’t aligning right for some reason. Another note: I have a separate menu setup for desktop simple mega menu in my style.css already. Once mobile is working i’ll move the css for it for the megu menu to style.css as well. Desktop is working 100% the way I am wanting it to so lets not focus on it unless something in my style.css code needs to be changed for some reason. I don’t think it should because I have the min width setup for desktop.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can force the items to the right with this CSS:

#mobile-header .mobile-bar-items {
        margin-left: auto;
    }

#mobile-header .mobile-bar-items + .mobile-bar-items {
        margin: 0;
    }

Having the nav search open by default likely wouldn’t work in your current scenario. You could hook in a static navigation search (without the icon to open/close it).

Matt

Hey, thanks! Do you mean add that as a widget?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would need to add it as a Hook Element. However, I’m not sure how you would have enough space on mobile to do that as of right now – the search field would have to quite small for everything to fit.

Matt

Alright thanks for the info. It would had been convenient and nice for it to be open but i suppose there’s no reason to force it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s definitely possible if it will fit, but it will be hard to style.

Something like this: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/changing-mobile-menu-magnifying-glass-to-a-search-field/#post-682604

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.