[Resolved] My page speed on google speed page test is showing real low score.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] My page speed on google speed page test is showing real low score.

Home Forums Support My page speed on google speed page test is showing real low score.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Terrell Jerry

Can you also look at my website on this page to see why my mobile isn’t up to speed? https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you’re better off running a test on GT Metrix as this provides more granularity.
    The main issue is the 96 requests your site is making – you want this to be as low as possible.
    The majority of the requests are Cached CSS files – not sure why your cache has created so many or chosen not to combine them – try flushing the cache or check for an option to combine.

Then you have a similar amount of JS files being served from load Sumo (?)

Overall you need to reduce requests, whether that be by removing stuff or combining files.

One thing GP related is in Customizer > General switch the Icon Type to SVG – this will remove one font request.

Terrell Jerry

Hello, can you check the website again to see where it’s at now? Also, explain General switch the Icon Type to SVG – this will remove one font request.

elderlyauthority.com

I look forward to your response.

Jerry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you go to the “Waterfall” tab in your GTMetrix report, you’ll be able to see all of the requests that are happening, and how long they’re taking.

You’ll want to go through those one by one and remove whatever is possible, as I’m still seeing 70+ requests.

SVG icons will load faster than the standard icon font, but it won’t make a massive difference to your site speed at this point. Getting those HTTP requests down and making sure most of them (if not all) come from your own server instead of a third-party server should be the priority.

Terrell Jerry

Thanks, Tom for the response. How do I remove the JS files being served from load Sumo?

thanks,

Jerry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would need to find the source of those files. Maybe a plugin you’re using? Or something you’ve added manually to the site without a plugin?

Terrell Jerry

Hello Tom, these are the code or file from the website link: https://load.sumo.com/. How do I take this off my website? Also, check my page speed now it went up some.

thanks,

Jerry

var sumome=function(e){function t(t){for(var n,o,u=t[0],i=t[1],a=0,l=[];a<u.length;a++)o=u[a],r[o]&&l.push(r[o][0]),r[o]=0;for(n in i)Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(i,n)&&(e[n]=i[n]);for(c&&c(t);l.length;)l.shift()()}var n={},r={66:0};function o(t){if(n[t])return n[t].exports;var r=n[t]={i:t,l:!1,exports:{}};return e[t].call(r.exports,r,r.exports,o),r.l=!0,r.exports}o.e=function(e){var t=[],n=r[e];if(0!==n)if(n)t.push(n[2]);else{var u=new Promise(function(t,o){n=r[e]=[t,o]});t.push(n[2]=u);var i,a=document.createElement(“script”);a.charset=”utf-8″,a.timeout=120,o.nc&&a.setAttribute(“nonce”,o.nc),a.src=function(e){return o.p+””+e+”.29a730ea796d271b986d.js”}(e),i=function(t){a.onerror=a.onload=null,clearTimeout(c);var n=r[e];if(0!==n){if(n){var o=t&&(“load”===t.type?”missing”:t.type),u=t&&t.target&&t.target.src,i=new Error(“Loading chunk “+e+” failed.\n(“+o+”: “+u+”)”);i.type=o,i.request=u,n[1](i)}r[e]=void 0}};var c=setTimeout(function(){i({type:”timeout”,target:a})},12e4);a.onerror=a.onload=i,document.head.appendChild(a)}return Promise.all(t)},o.m=e,o.c=n,o.d=function(e,t,n){o.o(e,t)||Object.defineProperty(e,t,{enumerable:!0,get:n})},o.r=function(e){“undefined”!=typeof Symbol&&Symbol.toStringTag&&Object.defineProperty(e,Symbol.toStringTag,{value:”Module”}),Object.defineProperty(e,”__esModule”,{value:!0})},o.t=function(e,t){if(1&t&&(e=o(e)),8&t)return e;if(4&t&&”object”==typeof e&&e&&e.__esModule)return e;var n=Object.create(null);if(o.r(n),Object.defineProperty(n,”default”,{enumerable:!0,value:e}),2&t&&”string”!=typeof e)for(var r in e)o.d(n,r,function(t){return e[t]}.bind(null,r));return n},o.n=function(e){var t=e&&e.__esModule?function(){return e.default}:function(){return e};return o.d(t,”a”,t),t},o.o=function(e,t){return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(e,t)},o.p=”https://load.sumo.com/&#8221;,o.oe=function(e){throw console.error(e),e};var u=window.webpackJsonpsumome=window.webpackJsonpsumome||[],i=u.push.bind(u);u.push=t,u=u.slice();for(var a=0;a<u.length;a++)t(u[a]);var c=i;return o(o.s=0)}([function(e,t,n){Promise.all([n.e(72),n.e(73)]).then(function(){var e=[n(1)];(function(){}).apply(null,e)}).catch(n.oe)},,function(e,t){e.exports=void 0}]);

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any plugins installed that have a name of Sumo or what looks like it could be related? If so disable it.

OR

Do you have any Codes that look similar to it in an Appearance > Elements > Hook ?

OR

Do you have a Child Theme installed and any custom functions ?

Terrell Jerry

I have already disabled and took the code out of header. Also, I have elemenator as my page builder.

thanks,

Jerry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like something is inserting it into the <head> section of your site.

You’ll need to:

1. Check your Elements to see if it’s added in there: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/
    2. Deactivate your plugins one by one until it goes away to see which plugin is adding it (if any).

Terrell Jerry

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.