[Support request] My Page is ok on gtmetrix, but failing on mobile in google search console

Home Forums Support [Support request] My Page is ok on gtmetrix, but failing on mobile in google search console

Home Forums Support My Page is ok on gtmetrix, but failing on mobile in google search console

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carl

I am getting an error, on mobile my first colorful paint is taking over 4 seconds, and the longest colorful pain it taking 6.5 sec in google page speed insights. They have it listed at 58 grade on performance.

But if I check the page in gtmetrix, it is loading in 902MS has A grade and 99% and total blocking time 0MS? Why such a difference?

https://helpforscamsandfrauds.com/groovefunnels/

I look at what page insights want me to fix and I read others talking about fixing the LCP and I am like a deer in the headlights? I don’t know how to fix this. Can you help me?

Thank you,
    Carl

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carl,

Why such a difference?

I guess different tests have different standards.

I did a Google lighthouse test for your site, on desktop it looks ok, but on mobile or a slower network environment, the score doesn’t look great.

As you can see you have so many CSS files that are blocking the browser rendering, mostly from plugins and google fonts, the green part is from GP and GP premium, the others are from WP and other plugins.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/QoLicOB4y

I would suggest:

1. Remove the font variants which you are not using, for example, your site is downloading regular, italic,700, and 700italic variants of the Archivonarrow font currently.

2. Use a cache plugin to optimize CSS and JS.

Let me know if that helps.

Carl

Hi Ying,
    Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I do appreciate it.

1. But, I am a bit clueless as to where to remove these fonts?
    I keep reading about using less plugins, and all the fixes say, use a plugin.

I do have the WP Edit plugin installed. Is that plugin requesting these fonts? I don’t think I need that one with the new block editor

2 I am running WP fastest Cache. Should I use autopitimize instead? It is untested with my version of WordPress? Does that mean the latest version is untested? Or with GeneratePress?

I am also using the Kraken Image Optimizer – If I switch to autopimize, can I get rid of the Kraken and wp fastest cache?

And I do appreciate the help.
    Thank you,
    Carl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.