[Resolved] My images are not sizing properly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] My images are not sizing properly

Home Forums Support My images are not sizing properly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

is there a free easy plugin that works with all different image sizing with width and height? or how do I change in CSS?
    According to a report on my website, my images are not properly sized. Message below.

Add width and height attributes to all image tags. The width and height you specify should be the same as the source image. If you want to resize an image in the browser, use CSS. (read more)

85%
    of images have a clearly defined size
    images are being resized by the browser
    Some images (15.0%) don’t have defined sizes using width and height attributes in the HTML. These attributes are optional, but strongly recommended as they help the browser arrange the page more quickly. Show recommendations
    34 images are being stretched in the browser. Show recommendations

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Really hard for us to tell without that message.

Generally you just want the original uploaded image to be the same/close as the final display.

Your home page is a good example of that – the original image is basically the same size of the final display.

So I would recommend going through your media library and see if there are any big images uploaded in there but end up getting scaled down on the page.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Michelle

I am not understanding. sorry. Honestly, I don’t pay attention to the image size. I just upload what I want on there and thought that the sizing was automatic. I am just finding out that some of the images can be messed up from that because of mobiles and tablets.

So if the images are too big then how do I know what the size should be so it looks right. Now I am confusing myself.
    What message would you have to see?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michelle,

I’m not seeing this issue on your website. Is there a specific page you’re testing where this is happening?

Something you want to avoid is uploading a large image and having it display at a much smaller size on the page. This means you’re loading a large image (with a big file size) just to have it display as a small image (which could be a small file size).

Michelle
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So it looks like your logo is very big and being resized down. Can you try uploading a smaller version of your logo? It’s currently almost 2000px wide being resized down to 400px.

Michelle

`
    where is the uploading on the reply

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

where is the uploading on the reply

Uploading the logo?

If so it’s this option in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-header-logo/

Michelle

Oh sorry, I just reread what you wrote above. The first time I read it, I thought you were asking me to upload my logo image to you, but you were asking me if I was able to upload a smaller image logo to my site. it’s been a long day.

Yes, I do have a smaller image 400×165 dimensions. I didn’t know the sizes were that different.

Michelle

I changed the logo image to the dimensions of 400×165

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the original image is now 325 * 118.

You can try reducing the logo width to 325 so it’s not so blurry.

Michelle

that’s where I was wondering about a plugin or the css because I don’t know how to reduce the size. When I uploaded the image it gives you a cropping size, but to be able to get the whole logo I had to stretch it.

Michelle

ok I did the size 320×132 don’t know if that helped, but I had to do the same thing with the cropping. that is the smallest size

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would you happen to have an SVG file of the logo image?

It would be the best option.

Michelle

No

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.