[Resolved] My experience moving from Divi to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] My experience moving from Divi to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support My experience moving from Divi to GeneratePress

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Dear Tom and all the team at GeneratePress,

I just moved my blog from a very heavy Divi powered theme to GeneratePress and I can’t thank you enough for creating such an amazing lightning fast theme. My blog has been running on Divi for the past three years and I was really worried of having to move to another theme but I am so glad I did. Of course, first I had to rewrite every single page because Divi left a huge trail of shortcodes but once the new pages were created and I migrated the website to the new theme, what a huge difference it made!

I used to have a child theme with Divi, but I didn’t even need to create one with GeneratePress. Thanks to the “elements” add-on, I managed to add custom code very easily.

When I started using GeneratePress, I was seriously considering using another page builder (Elementor or Beaver Buidler), but after carefully reviewing options, I decided to only use Gutenberg with the help of a light Gutenberg extra plugin. It turned out, building my pages using Gutenberg and GeneratePRess was a much easier process than building pages with Divi.

After the move, I went from a Google PageSpeed score of 18/100 for mobile to 94/100 and from 36/100 to 98/100 for Desktop. For every single blog post loaded on my website, there used to be 1.5 meg of css and Javascript, when most blog posts were not even using Divi! I can’t believe this was even possible.

So again, thank you so much for creating GeneratePress and keep up the good work!
    I am so excited to see the new features you will be adding soon.

Kind Regards,
    Sebastien

Sebastien

I am sorry this is not related to a support issue but wanted to share my experience with you 馃檪

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sebastien,

This is much better than any support topics 馃檪

So glad to hear you’ve been enjoying GP!

I’ll make sure everyone else sees this.

Thanks again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow, thank you so much for your post! We love reading stuff like this.

Really happy you’re enjoying the theme, and that it’s made a positive impact on your website 馃檪

Let us know if you need anything!

epickenyan

I am also grateful for this theme. My website is an information website and I do not advertise on it (I hate ads). It is a way to educate my country people on government issues that they do not understand. I bought GP Premium as a Valentines Day gift for myself, but I had been using the free one for the previous two weeks. I have increased my page speed to 100 and 96 (yslow) on gtmetrix and reduced the load time to between 4-8 seconds (webpagetest) depending on the location of the user. My pageviews have also nearly doubled within that time. Also cut down page sizes from over 600kb to below 200kb on average (and below 260kb for homepage) and 10-12 requests (according to gtmetrix). All this on shared hosting (using Litespeed server, PHP 7.3 and MariaDB for MySQL) plus a few other optimizations (caching using Litespeed Plugin which is specifically targeted for Litespeed servers) has made the site faster on average than I have ever seen before.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you are loving GP as well 馃檪

Michael

I had a similar experience coming from Divi. When I tried GeneratePress Premium, I considered a page builder, but found that all I needed was a couple of Gutenberg add-on plugins. As Gutenberg and GeneratePress evolve, I hope that the experience gets even more straightforward, not only for me but also for my clients.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

A lot of people are still hating on Gutenberg but we love it too 馃檪

C么me

Hi,

What “light gutenberg extra plugins” do you use ?

I am thinking that the only Divi’s feature I’m missing is the “divider” one.

Thank you very much,
    C么me

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe try GenerateBlocks?

C么me

Hi,
    I have generateblocks installed.

I am just curious about what plugins may be good when you just moved from divi to GP.

Thanks,
    C么me

Sebastien

At the time when I made the move, GenerateBlocks did not exist, So I used Gutenberg Blocks by Kadence Blocks. If I had the choice now, I would use GenerateBlocks since it is developed by the same team who created GP.

C么me

Thank you Sebastian.
    In fact I really am fond of generateblocks, for the grid and the container blocks.

I also installed the “coblocks” plugin to use the “shape divider” and the “Hero” blocks.

Thanks,
    C么me RIPOCHE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.