[Resolved] My comments are duplicated

Home Forums Support [Resolved] My comments are duplicated

Home Forums Support My comments are duplicated

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cmw

Hi there,

I am using GP Premium with Elementor in all my websites and I just realized that I have an issue with duplicated comments (I can see it in the font code).

When I installed wpDiscuz in my website to enhance basic WP Comments I was told in this forum to use this codes:

.page.separate-containers .site-main > * {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }

article + .comments-area {
    display: none;
    }

I had to use this because I was getting my comments duplicated for some reason and to hide spaces I had between comments and other blocks.

It it like this codes only hide the duplicated content but it is there?

How can I make my comments load only once? My site seems quite slow right now even after getting +90% in both GTMetrix tests for that.

Thanks !!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using an Elementor Single Post template? If so what happens if you remove the Comments Widget from the template and the above CSS and just let the Theme Comments show ?

cmw

Hey David,

Thanks for your answer.

I am not using Elementor Single Post, I am using a blank page I built from scratch using Elementor.

On my template I just drag and drop the “Post Comments” element from Elementor.

I think the theme is loading comments in addition to Elementor’s.

When I remove this code from my CSS I have the comments repeated twice:

article + .comments-area {
    display: none;
    }

My issue comes from long ago in this post: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/problem-with-comments-section-strange-gap/

I though it was solved until recently I realized the comments are loading twice so it makes my website go much slowly.

I hope I can fix that.

Thanks !!

CMW πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So what is wrong with just displaying the Themes comment area ?

cmw

The issue here is that my comments are being displayed twice.

What i do with the CSS is just hiding it but my website is loading the comments 2 times all the time, making it go quite slow to load a page.

I would just like to load the comments one time like it should be, that way my page is less heavy and loads much faster.

I hope I explained myself now sorry πŸ™‚

Thanks.

Cmw.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I understand. What i mean is – Why don’t you remove the Elementor Post Comments Widget and just display the Theme Comments ?

cmw

Hey David,

It took me the whole day but I solved it in the end.

When I use Elementor’s shortcode I can customize it easier than the theme’s. Moreover I don’t really like WP comments and I use wpDiscuz.

I just had some pages that for some reason were set at Theme’s default instead of Elementor Full Width. That’s why I was getting my comments doubled.

I have had this for months until I realized right now.

Now it loads much faster.

Thanks for the help like always !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that and thanks for sharing the solution πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.