[Support request] My buttons redirect me to other theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] My buttons redirect me to other theme

Home Forums Support My buttons redirect me to other theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Luis

I’ve been using WP for about 2 days, and today I was setting up my header, buttons, logo..
    I found GP, loved it and bought it. After I finished setting up some things, I tested it on another browser, and when I click the contact page, it redirects me to OceanWP. Have no idea what’s going on. Also, when I click some other buttons, the design changes. Maybe wordpress takes a while to update or something like that? I’m lost, need some guidance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try clearing your browser cache and previewing the site in an incognito / private browser window?

Luis

Thanks for the reply. I did that, and now the only button broken is the home one. The others work fine. Should I do something or will it fix itself?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try deleting that home page, create a new one and then assign that as your home page in the Dashboard > Settings > Reading, let me know.

Luis

Some things got fixed, but I customized and changed stuff, and it got messed up again. I don’t know if WP or the theme are supposed to take a while to update my changes, or if I’m doing something wrong..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is generally cache related, Can you check with your host to see if they have a cache enabled on the server and if so this needs to be flushed. Let me know.

Luis

Yeah, they fixed it. Thanks a lot David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome !

Luis

Hi, it happened again. I published a post, and I get the nothing found page instead of my homepage. Also, when I open the post, the image that I use changes, and it becomes the logo of my site instead.

Luis

I’m confused because they guy from my hosting company told me he “deactivated” the cache or something like that (I don’t know if that’s even possible), and that I wouldn’t have the issue happening again. I guess it’s something that I have to do regularly, or maybe I have to be more patient and just give it time to process the changes? Sorry, I’m very new to websites.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Luis,

Check in the WP Dashboard > Settings > Reading – What do you have ‘You’re home page displays:’ set as?

Luis

My latest posts

Luis

Now my homepage is fine, but the image in my post is still messed up.

Luis

It just got fixed, not sure how. Just would like to know why this happens.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try clearing your browser cache. As its displaying correctly on my browser.
    Always worth previewing your site in an Incognito / Private browser as it doesn’t cache 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.