[Support request] Multisite Footer

Home Forums Support [Support request] Multisite Footer

Home Forums Support Multisite Footer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dominik

Hi, we’re using GeneratePress in a Multisite, working fine, besides the footer is currently missing. We do successfully load the Header from the Main site in all sites with
    switch_to_blog( ‘1’ );
    do_action( ‘generate_header’ );
    restore_current_blog();
    But the same for the footer results in a blank footer in the subsites
    switch_to_blog( ‘1’ );
    do_action( ‘generate_footer’ );
    restore_current_blog();
    Any idea why that’s not working?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what part of the footer is not working ? I am not seeing a difference between the two sites

Dominik

I guess you have been redirected from checkout cause you have an empty cart? Only if you have selected a shop in checkout you see the subsite.
    The main site has 5 widgets with Logo, Navigation links, E-Mail and Facebook – the subsites show the 5 widget-DIVs without any content, so it’s probably loading the widgets from the subsite and not from the mainsite.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

is it just the Checkout thats the issue ? If so, check the Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce, at the very end there is an option called Distraction Free Checkout, it will hide things like the widgets, try unchecking that.

Dominik

I checked that before I wrote you – as this was the only search result I could find. When that option is checked, the footer is completely empty, here it’s showing the 5 widget divs that are set in the customizer settings. Also, if that was the problem, it would also happen on the mainpage-checkout, which it doesn’t. If you checkout without selecting a store, the footer is there – once you select a store, it’s gone.
    It’s ignoring our attempt to load the mainpage footer instead of the subsite footer.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is the Plugin installed as a Network active plugin ? Or are there separate settings on each of the sub sites ?

Dominik

Which plugin, GP Premium? It shows settings in all sub sites, how can I install it as a “network active plugin”? And what would be different then? I’d say the question is why the switch_to_blog-function is working for generate_header, but not for generate_footer?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which plugin, GP Premium? It shows settings in all sub sites, how can I install it as a “network active plugin”?

It should be an option in the Network Admin dashboard, but lets ignore changing that for now.
    As you have separate settings for each ‘site’ if you add a Widget to the Footer of one of the local sites, does that Widget show up in the Checkout ? If it does then we can assume its the switch_blog function not firing. And then we can do some googling as to why that maybe

Dominik

Hi David,
    I just tried adding widgets to the local sites, they don’t appear – it still shows 5 empty footer-widget-DIVs.
    So maybe the switch_blog works, but the generate_footer-function has a problem?
    Thanks,
    Dominik

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like this is the issue:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22370

Its an old one and is marked as Wont Fix.

Dominik

Hi David,
    thanks for the information.
    I now hardcoded the footer in the PHP template – not really an optimal solution, but at least it works.
    Thanks,
    Dominik

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got working solution

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.