[Resolved] Multiple menus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Multiple menus

Home Forums Support Multiple menus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hi, I want to implement multiple drop down menus like here (example: cards for occasions, card ranges): https://www.flyingtwigs.com/
    This is also a GeneratePress website, but in my blog I can’t find an option to build this. When I create one menu and set it to primary, it works. But as soon as I build a second dropdown menu, it won’t show on the website. When I set the new menu to primary, the first one will be hidden… I’m at my wits end. Can you help me?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kevin

Hi David, thanks for taking the time to reply. My issue is not that I don’t know how to create sub menus. I can’t make the website show more than one separate sub menu. When I select one menu as primary, it will be shown where I want it.
    But then I can’t select a second one to show next to the first one.

Hope you get what I mean, I linked an example in my opening post with two menus like that next to each other.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I still don’t understand what you mean. The navigation of the site you linked is pretty regular, so I’m not sure what difficulty you are running into.

I can’t make the website show more than one separate sub menu

Not sure if I understand correctly, each sub-menu has a parent menu item, so you can build something like this:

Parent menu 1
      - child menu 1
      - child menu 2
      - child menu 3
    Prent menu 2
      - child menu 1
      - child menu 2
      - child menu 3
      - child menu 4
    Prent menu 3
      - child menu 1
      - child menu 2
      - child menu 3
      - child menu 4
    Kevin

Okay I don’t know how else to describe this issue, so I’ll just post links to screenshots and my configuration. Maybe that helps to figure out what I’m doing wrong? I’m posting this as private information below. Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s what I mean, you can add multiple parent menu items to the same menu, check the screenshot below:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/vuX7YoVqK1C

Kevin

Sorry for the beginner question and thanks for your help, it works the way you pointed out. I’m wondering if I started something I’m not likely to finish… :’)

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Don’t be silly, everyone was a beginner, there’s definitely a learning curve, you will get there 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.