[Resolved] Multiple local fonts – only one works

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Multiple local fonts – only one works

Home Forums Support Multiple local fonts – only one works

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kommunikationsbeauftragter

Hi,
    Im trying to get multiple fonts to work for hours now. The problem I have, is that if I add multiple local fonts the way described here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/custom-fonts-how-to-add-multiple-fonts-and-how-to-limit-the-weights/
    only the first font declared in my functions.php works.

<?php
    /**
     * GeneratePress child theme functions and definitions.
     * Add your custom PHP in this file. 
     * Only edit this file if you have direct access to it on your server (to fix errors if they happen).
     */

function generatepress_child_enqueue_scripts() {
    	if ( is_rtl() ) {
    		wp_enqueue_style( 'generatepress-rtl', trailingslashit( get_template_directory_uri() ) . 'rtl.css' );
    	}
    }

add_filter( 'generate_typography_default_fonts','tu_add_system_fonts' );
    function tu_add_system_fonts( $fonts ) {
        $fonts[] = 'Lato'; /*only this one ist working*/
        $fonts[] = 'Reem Kufi';

return $fonts;
    }

They both show up in the typography system fonts dropdown menu, but the second one (reem kufi) doesnt changes the texts look to times new roman. If I change their order in the php(so reem kufi is declared first and then lato) reem kufi works, but the lato font stops to work. Thats why i think there is a problem in my php and not in my css.

Greetings from Germany

Elias

Can’t anyone help me?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you share the @font-face CSS that you’re using as well?

You can find updated docs here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Of course ๐Ÿ™‚

(edit: ive deleted it because it was pointing to sort of an official website. I had a typo in the url pointing to the font)

This is my css. I have tried it both through the Simple CSS plugin and the child themes style.css. With none of them both fonts worked…

(Thanks for sharing the documentation. I followed every step of it (before post 1) but I can’ get both fonts to work at the same time)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you confirm that the URL to the files are correct? I’m seeing these console errors on your website: https://www.screencast.com/t/1JFU4LzX1d

Thanks for your help! It was just a simple typo in the URL (wp_content instead of wp-content and a missing /themes inside…)

Elias

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.