[Support request] Multiple Galleries on one page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Multiple Galleries on one page

Home Forums Support Multiple Galleries on one page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Heather

Hello,
    Im using envira galleries on generate press to make a photography portfolio and blog.

Id like to add 2 different albums to front page so that they each clearly are their own thing. Masonry with title overlay on image.

I want one album to show featured blog posts that you can click and go to the blog and blog post. Preferably mason layout. But I

I want the other album to be a clickable photo to take you to that portfolio. IE Beauty, Fashion, Swim.

My question is, in order to operate the two albums so they don’t blend together or spread out weird and look ugly should I use the generate press blocks. Would I use containers and be able to add envira gallery contained within this parameters. Is it better if I use Gutenberg blocks?

Thank you

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Yes, GenerateBlocks can certainly help with the layout.

You can place the Envira gallery shortcodes on Grid Block if you need a column layout or use Container block if you need a container you can customize(styles, spacing, etc). 🙂

Heather

Thank you for our help! ok one more newb questions,

I have gp premium although I canst seem where to find it, it says activated,
    I have generateblocks activated but I don’t see anywhere, all the tutorials show it as already open so I don’t know where else to look.
    Can you please tell me where it even is.

Thank you!!!!!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have gp premium although I canst seem where to find it, it says activated,

When GP Premium is newly activated, additional option “GeneratePress” will appear under WP Dashboard > Appearance.

On WP Dashboard > Appearance > GeneratePress, you’ll find a list of modules you can activate to extend your site’s functionality. Ex: Site Library, Elements, Menu plus, etc.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

I have generateblocks activated but I don’t see anywhere, all the tutorials show it as already open so I don’t know where else to look.

Once you’ve activated GenerateBlocks on WP Dashboard > Plugins, you should be able to see new blocks when you’re in Gutenberg editor.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/7Ku8gLwz

Heather

ok, so you have to go to Gutenberg to to use generate blocks. nice to know, thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

ok, so you have to go to Gutenberg to to use generate blocks. nice to know, thank you!

No problem.:)

Heather

my screen looks totally different than that. i still can’t find it.

sorry

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s strange.

Can you verify if GenerateBlocks is installed and activated?

Also, can you purge website cache and refresh the page you’re currently editing?

If these don’t work, you can provide your site details on the Private Information text area so we can help check the site.

Heather

generate blocks is installed and activated.

Heather

how do I clear cache,

Heather

website below

Heather

so I have the traditional display of WordPressi guess, im just trying to move forward, and im stuck because the basic things don’t have instructions. when I look it up only one thing I found on displaying gutenbouge an that ws under settings and writing and my screen doesn’t look like that either.

how do I make my screen look like that. when you say cache. how? I have everything installed, and activated. where is generate blocks. I just want to add galleries.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

would you mind providing temporary admin access to your site so we can see and advise what the issue is ?

You can create a new user role for Admin and share the Login and password in the Private Info box.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.