[Support request] Multiple Background Colors on a Single Page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Multiple Background Colors on a Single Page

Home Forums Support Multiple Background Colors on a Single Page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

Hello,

I’m looking for the best way to create multiple background “strips” on a single page with different colors.

I’ve found information on how to change the background color of the whole page but I need a way to do it for just a single section.

Thanks,
    Jessica

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure if I fully understand.

Is this section visible in the page you linked?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jessica

Sorry about that. Right now everything on the page is in the same container and has the same background color (white). What I’d like to be able to do is create a section encompassing the “watch your favorites” heading, the 3 columns with videos, and the “view more” button that has a different background color than the rest of the page. I want to do the same thing from the “upcoming events” heading to the footer. Is this possible within the Generate Press theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm currently it’s difficult without our Sections add-on which is compatible with Gutenberg.

I would suggest looking into a block plugin like Kadence block or Ghost Kit.

We have an upcoming section-like block plugin that will be able to do this as well.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Jessica

Hey Leo, I’ve recreated the page using the sections add-on and the existing code from the original page to take advantage of the background color selector: . I’m getting some formatting issues though that I can’t seem to find fixes for:

– I need the top image to be full width and responsive based on screen size (removing white space on the left and right)
    – I need the puppet picture to be aligned to the absolute right of the screen without any white space on the right
    – And I need to remove the blank space above and below the three videos in the “watch your favorites” section

Could you point me in the right direction for fixing those issues?

Jessica

Sorry, here’s the link: https://redpossum.media/gigislt/homev2/

Muhammad

Hi. This is also possible if you select multiple blocks and group these as a Group and then apply color background. It will be applied to only that group and not the whole page. I also needed this and I was experimenting. So figured out that it is possible without an add-on. Have a look here : https://bestweightlossblog.com/what-is-a-normal-bmi/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think the Group block is the best way to go as well, at least until our Block plugin is released πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.