[Resolved] Multipage – Same Theme-settings for both pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Multipage – Same Theme-settings for both pages

Home Forums Support Multipage – Same Theme-settings for both pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tux

Hi!

I’m having a little issue!

In order to be able to install a language-changer plug-in, I needed to make a Multipage network. I now have two pages (sub-directory), which should have the exact same design/theme. I now select the main page (Multipage #1) and export the settings with “Export Default Customizer Settings”. Everything is perfectly fine – the .json file is including the correct color hex-codes. Now, I’m changing to Multipage #2 and navigate to the import tool. I upload the .json file and nothing changes. I just get the information, that the upload was successful – but nothing has changed. Not the layout, not the colors just nothing. So, Multipage #1 is still with the layout and colors I want, but Multipage #2 still remains with the GeneratePress default settings.

Does someone have an idea what I’m doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

tux

I’m so confused, that I even forgot the correct term. It’s not Multipage, but Multisite. Sorry about that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So your translation plugin needs you to create two identical sites using Multisite?

When you look inside the json file you’re trying to import – do you see all of your settings?

Have you taken a look at this plugin?: https://wpml.org/

tux

Sorry for the late answer. For this case, I’ve simply set up the second page manually.

I now have a website with 5 sub-sites (five languages) and changing everything manually is lots of work.

Yes, I can see all the settings in the .json file – just checked it.

So for example exporting the settings of my custumized page 1 (e.g. French) creates the file “generate-settings…json”. Now I change to page 2 (which is “untouched” – default design. E.g. Russian) and would like to import my custumizations. It says “Import successful” but the settings remain untouched, the website looks like the default design.

Do you have any idea on how I can get all sub-sites in my network to show the same customizations?

I would like to keep my plugin, as it offers all the capabilities I need 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid I don’t have much knowledge on multi language sites – I just know people have success with WPML and Polylang.

I don’t think you can share your customizations between your network – I’m not 100% on that though.

As for your import/export, do you have a test site I can give it a try on if you send me temporary admin login details?

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.