[Support request] Moving theme to GP – removing second H1?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Moving theme to GP – removing second H1?

Home Forums Support Moving theme to GP – removing second H1?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anton

I am planning to move another site from my old theme to GP today. I am currently working on a staging version of the site and notice that moving to GP results in two H1 tags appearing on each page.

So for example, for the page ‘Car Guides’, ‘Car Guides’ appears as a H1 via the page name on GP, but there is a second ‘Car Guides’ H1 which is the page name I inserted when I created the page on my old theme.

In other words, GP inserts the page name as a H1 by default, but my old theme is also bringing across the H1 which I inserted on each page manually.

This means there are two H1s on almost 500 pages on GP, which obviously is not ideal!

Is there a way to remove the second H1 from my old theme, making it a <p> tag, without having to do it manually across almost 500 pages?

Thanks

Anton

Ok it seems like I need some CSS to make the first heading a H2 across all posts and pages…any ideas? Will keep searching 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like this is the similar topic I just answered here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/issue-with-headings-on-gp/#post-989815

Can we stick with that one?

And also:

I need some CSS to make the first heading a H2 across all posts and pages

That is not possible with CSS unfortunately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.