[Resolved] Issue with headings on GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with headings on GP

Home Forums Support Issue with headings on GP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anton

I am moving to GP Premium from my old theme but there are a couple of issues with the heading tags:

1) GP sets the page title as the H1, but my pages already include a H1, which means the page name now appears twice – once in the title and again at the top of each page, which is also a H1.

2) All of the other headings (H3, H4, etc) are now paragraph tags, meaning I’ll need to redo all of these across 500 pages, unless there’s a setting or some CSS I can use for this and point 1) above?

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1) I would recommend removing the original <h1> in your content so GP can add the page title <h1> by default. You can also disable GP’s page title:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#disable-element

But then you will need to add <h1> manually every time when creating a new page.

2) Not quite sure if I fully understand. Your existing HTML shouldn’t change when you switch themes.

Can you link me to the page that’s actually using GP?

Anton

Ah, legend – disabling that element worked perfectly! Thanks a million and sorry for the double post, thought this one might be clearer!

On the other headings, actually I inspected the heading elements and they do transfer, it is just that a H3 (for example) looks much smaller in GP than in my old theme, but I did also significantly increase the font size in GP. That’s fine though, it’s still a H3!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.

So this is all solved now?

You can use the Typography options to modify the h3 styles:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/typography-overview/

Anton

Yep, all good! I also realised that earlier re the Typography ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.