[Resolved] Moving element below content but before scriptless social share

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Moving element below content but before scriptless social share

Home Forums Support Moving element below content but before scriptless social share

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I want to bring attention to certain conditions of using content on my site. So I set up some elements to show in certain categories. I displayed these before the main content.

Then I thought, if a search engine is indexing the first few paragraphs, it’s just going to index the text of the conditions and not the text of the post itself.

So I tried moving them to underneath the content. Unfortunately I use scriptless social sharing plugin, which also places its buttons below the main content. To be clear, I’d still like it there, but I’d like the element to show first, as separate and distinct from the social share buttons.

Any thoughts on how this may be achieved? If I’m wrong and search engines won’t index the text of the conditions rather than actual content, I’ll leave the element at the top.

Rattling on as always..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You will need to check with the social sharing plugin support to see if you can insert their content using a shortcode or a function, so that you can use the same hook to add both elements and order them the way you want.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Michael

Hi Leo,

It will make sense, whether it makes sense to me or not, will remain to be seen. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll contact them and see the score there. Shortcode would be the solution I think if they have one.

Michael

Turns out they do.. and options as to whether their sharing buttons are manually placed or automatic depending on where in the site. I really should RTFM.. thanks Leo ..

https://prnt.sc/soo9r1

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.